Search products - cannot find products by a searchterm containing a comma

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello,

mystore has  some screws and customers like to search a given size like "6,0".
I activated fulltext serach with "AND".

Searching without "6,0" gives too many results:

https://www.skrujernet.no/no/search?q=treskrue&adv=true&adv=false&cid=0&isc=true&isc=false&mid=0&pf=&pt=&sid=true&sid=false

so customers search i.e. with "6,0" behind a type name. Both type name and "6,0" is part of productname as well as product description.

But any serchterm containing a comma either does not work at all or gives wrong results.

Why ? Is that some setting in SqlServer/storedprocedure ? It is all string so I cant see why this shouldnt work. Running SP on my SSMS gives same unwished result (nothing found).

I hope you have some ideas how to solve that.

Thanks in advance.
7 years ago
To be more specific, i.e. I do have a product with norwegian text (product name): "BÄR® treskrue, senkhode, T-Drive (Torx), delgjenget, gulkromatisert, 3,0 - 6,0".

- Searching now for "Treskrue" finds this product.
- searching for "bär treskrue delgjenget" finds this product as well, since I have configured FullTextSearch with AND-parameter

BUT searching for "treskrue 6,0" does not find anything, "6,0" is part of name and product description.

I do have other products containing "6,0" as well, searching only "6,0" should give a result as well, but does not though.

I did run the storedProcedure for productSearch directly in SSMS to check, same result.

Please HELP !
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.