Problem configuring the nopCommerce 3.8 without source

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi, really green here, need some help - got a Win Server 2008, installed .net framework 4.5.1, then downloaded the nopCommerce 3.8.0 Web no source version, unzipped, and copied over to directory "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\html\NopCommerce",

Then I started a website inside IIS7, get a name for it, pointing to directory "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\html\NopCommerce", and tried to view the site, got a 404-directory listing not allowed.

I thought might be due to there is no "default.aspx" file, so I just copied one there, view again, now it's 404.0-not found, it's complaining that it cannot find directory "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\html\NopCommerce\install"

I kind of suspecting that perhaps it's looking for directory "\NopCommerce\Views\install", but not sure how to solve this problem.

I can point the website to directory "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\html\NopCommerce\Views", but again there is no "default.aspx" page either, and browsing site will give me 404 error again.

Please let me know what I did wrong. Thanks
7 years ago
I'm using IIS7, have .Net Framework 4.0 installed and added into application pool, running under Integrated Mode.

But when opening the site for the first time, per documentation, "you’ll be redirected to the installation page", which is not happening to me.

This is what I got:

It's complaining about cannot find directory "/NopCommerce/install" , whereas the right directory should be "/NopCommerce/Views/install"

But I'm not sure what to do to fix this. Please help.

Thanks
7 years ago
nopCommerce uses MVC routing.  There is no 'install' folder.  Have you tried going to url: dev2.xxxx.com
7 years ago
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I open the browser, type in "dev2.xxxxx.com", and it automatically redirect me to the URL "dev2.xxxxx.com/install" -- I guess that is the "first-time configuration page" , per the "Installation Instruction", that is EXACTLY what should happen.

I didn't do anything, except unpackage the .rar file and copy/paste the contents to my "wwwroot"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.