changing systemname for topic pages

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I changed the system names on some topic pages only to find that some names are hard coded. Example, the terms of use page is no longer found from the shopping cart if I change its system name. The reason I wanted to change in the first place is using a different naming convention when dealing with a lot of pages. Can someone point me to which other files need to be changed to make this work. I believe the about us page behaved the same way when I changed its system name. Thanks!
7 years ago
gyventi wrote:
I changed the system names on some topic pages only to find that some names are hard coded. Example, the terms of use page is no longer found from the shopping cart if I change its system name. The reason I wanted to change in the first place is using a different naming convention when dealing with a lot of pages. Can someone point me to which other files need to be changed to make this work. I believe the about us page behaved the same way when I changed its system name. Thanks!

If you change the system name, then you probably will need to correct the links in the footer, and maybe in a few other places:
/Views/Common/Footer.cshtml

For example, your systemname for privacy policy was this:
privacyinfo

Maybe you changed it to:
privacypolicy

It was referred to in the footer file like this:
<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new {SeName = Html.GetTopicSeName("privacyinfo") })">@T("PrivacyNotice")</a></li>

You would need to change the reference there to be whatever you changed the systemname to be, like:
<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new {SeName = Html.GetTopicSeName("privacypolicy") })">@T("PrivacyNotice")</a></li>
7 years ago
Thanks. I was heading in that direction and you just saved me at least an hour of digging into the code pages. Thanks again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.