Suggestion For Increasing User Friendliness of Shopping Cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
The remove from cart checkbox isn't intuitive to a lot of users, as it requires checking the "remove" box and than finding the "Update Cart" button. Some users don't understand how it works, and this could cause them to abandon their cart. I think the cart would be more user friendly if there were simple "X" buttons to remove a product instead of the checkbox.

The product quantity in the cart could be updated in a similar way (with increase amount and decrease amount buttons).
7 years ago
+1. I agree. I believe you can get what you are looking for with some premium templates, but this should be standard. There is a good web design book that I read a long time ago called "Don't make me think" and this is a perfect example of "things to avoid" in intuitive design.

The best implementation of "remove from cart" that I have seen online, is when the user clicks to remove the item, it is dimmed out with the ability to undo the removal for a couple of seconds before the item is removed from the cart for good. This eliminated the dreaded pop up confirm messages and allows the customer who pressed the remove button in error to undo.
7 years ago
Thanks for suggestion. Please find a work item here

In the meantime you can use this and this plugins
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.