Questions about Return Request status'

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello-

I am hoping somebody can explain to me how the status' work on Return Requests.
For example, which status actually causes the item to be returned to stock?
Return Authorized??
Item(s) Refunded ??

And is it possible to add another status "Item(s) Replaced" without editing the core code?
Or is there even just a way to change the current option: "Item(s) Repaired" to be "Item(s) Replaced" because we don't repair products. If not, I'd suggest that the "Item(s) Replaced" status be added in a future version.

Thanks!
7 years ago
Actually, these statuses don't affect any internal logic. They are defined by a store owner (admin area > configuration > order settings > return request tab). Just specify any values you need in your store
7 years ago
I think you misunderstood me.
I am not talking about the return request reasons or the return request actions. I am talking about the Return Request Status that the admin can select when editing the return request -- /Admin/ReturnRequest/Edit/

It has these options:
Pending
Received
Return Authorized
Item(s) Refunded
Item(s) Repaired
Request Rejected
Cancelled

I want to add:
Item(s) Replaced

Thanks,
Steve
7 years ago
And also, I want to know which of these status' causes the returned items to be returned to stock in my inventory.

There is no "Complete" status option, so I am guessing that it is the "Return Authorized" status.
Is that correct?

Also...a suggestion:
It would be very helpful if the Return Requests list and return request edit pages included not only the product name, but also the variant/attribute combination of the product which is being returned.
For example, we might have a customer buy size small/left and size small/right and only return size small/right.
I can imagine how my staff will become confused about which item is to be returned and then ship same incorrect product to customer again.
7 years ago
Ohh, sorry. You can add new status by editing the \Nop.Core\Domain\Orders\ReturnRequestStatus.cs file

embryo wrote:
And also, I want to know which of these status' causes the returned items to be returned to stock in my inventory

None of them. They are also for informational purposes only (don't have any logic).

embryo wrote:
Also...a suggestion

Thanks a lot! Sure. Here is a work item
7 years ago
OK, thanks Andrei!

Now that I know the items which are returned do not get automatically returned to stock, this suggestion is even more important because if the admin cannot see which product attribute combination was returned, he will not know which attribute combination to add the unit back to stock...or to exchange for customer.

For example, if a customer buys a size small/left and a size small/right in the same order, then returns only the size small/right. When admin views/edits the return, he cannot see which item is being returned....left or right. He can only view the order and see what was ordered. And in some cases there is no visible difference in a product variant, so we have no way to know which size/side is being returned if not in original package, so we don't know which variant to replace it with....

Also, another suggestion would be to have a button/option on the return request edit screen for admins to "return to stock" the exact item(s) which were returned. This would eliminate the possibility of incorrectly returning the wrong product attribute combination to stock and would be very useful when items are returned un-damaged and acceptable for resale if on the same return edit screen.
7 years ago
Thanks a lot! Sure. Here is a work item
7 years ago
And done. Thanks for the suggestion.
3 years ago
Hey! We are looking for this feature as well (changing the stock quantity), will it be on the version of 4.5?
Thank you!
3 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/58345/refund-request-not-returning-items-to-stock
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.