Drop-shipping best practices in nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello,
I have scoured the documentation and forums for relevant, current information about best practices for setting up a drop-ship store using nopCommerce.
My store is to have several vendors who will fulfill customer orders - I will carry no inventory but my customers don't know and don't care that the products may be coming from one or more vendors. They fill their shopping cart and check out (pay once) and I pay my vendors for product they ship.

As I understand it, nopCommerce 3.8 by default will do the following:
- At time of checkout (and/or payment), an email can go to the vendor(s) for the products included in the customer order.
- I can configure nopCommerce to allow the vendor to log into my site and manage their orders to indicate when the order was shipped and then when delivered.

This implies that I will work with dropship vendors who are willing to ship from emails and manually update my system. So far all of the potential vendors I have contacted are not willing to do that - they want me to connect to their API or go through ShiipCentral.

Can anyone tell me a good, standard model for setting up integration between my store and my drop-ship vendors?
7 years ago
You need to realize that you hold the cards...
Typically, if a vendor wants the revenue your site can provide to them, they will do whatever is necessary. Maybe you don't have the sales volume yet to entice them.

If you must deal with those vendors who require that you connect your site to theirs via API, then you will need to have a custom plugin developed around their API. I'd suggest that you post the links to your vendors API documentation and see if you get any developers interested in building the plugin for you, or as a commercial plugin extension.
7 years ago
Similarly, maybe you can come up with a single "API", like an Excel spreadsheet, and get all the vendors to use it.  (Then you only need to have one custom plugin built).
4 years ago
Let suppose in Dropship, I have store and I am selling multiple vendor's Items on my site, when Customer come on my site and he bought multiple Products,  those are associate with multiple vendors

and customer suppose to receive all Items in one shipment.
But in this case all items ships from different vendors and may be different timing
How is possible Customer is received all item in one shipment ?
3 years ago
Hi, I have the same requirement... do you know if exist a plugin or specific way of works to satisfy this requirement? Thanks in advance
3 years ago
@zrmax  -  Which "requirement" are you referring to?

If it's "items ships from different vendors and may be different timing. How is possible Customer is received all item in one shipment ?"
It not likely/possible.  If vendors are drop shipping from different location, at different times, and possibly different carriers (e.g. USPS vs UPS), then it's not likely the customer will receive them all on the same day (and certainly not in the same "shipment").  The whole point of "drop shipping" is that the vendor is shipping the product directly to customer, to save you the trouble of receiving product and keeping inventory.
3 years ago
The idea is to collect the items from vendors to a owner of nop sites.
Idea of my customer is to collect order, receive payments and acquire items from vendors before ship to end customer.
At the end he want to redirect the payment without percentage  defined by agreement to vendors.
Have you a plugin for this?

Thanks
3 years ago
RE: "collect order, receive payments"
That's the way nopCommerce works with vendors in any case

RE: " acquire items from vendors before ship to end customer."
That's not really "drop-shipping".

RE: "redirect the payment without percentage ..."
Check the marketplace - see examples
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.