Visual Studio On Mac

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Dears, anyone tried to use the visual studio on mac to build and run the Nopcommerce?
7 years ago
I am trying to run it but I have a problem with "SecurityProtocolType.Tls12".
6 years ago
Hi guys, did you have any success on running nopCommerce in Visual Studio for Mac? I am trying it but having issues with "Nop.Plugin.DiscountRules.CustomerRoles.dll does not exist"
6 years ago
Any one can help?
6 years ago
got sam issue with the file not found anyone have a idea on this?
6 years ago
do not think that works. If you try Xamarin, you know VISUAL STUDIO ON Mac is a tools to build application for mac, so do not think you can grab a c# web appication and build and running on mac. that should be a dream. but for a  .net core application. it should work.
6 years ago
The current version of Visual Studio for Mac doesn't support ASP.NET development on the full .NET framework, only on .NET Core. https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/productinfo/vs2017-compatibility-mac

I haven't looked into it, but you might be able to run 4.0 on Visual Studio for Mac. =) There are a few key components missing from .NET Core, though, so it might not work either.
6 years ago
johntseng wrote:
The current version of Visual Studio for Mac doesn't support ASP.NET development on the full .NET framework, only on .NET Core. https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/productinfo/vs2017-compatibility-mac

I haven't looked into it, but you might be able to run 4.0 on Visual Studio for Mac. =) There are a few key components missing from .NET Core, though, so it might not work either.

I really hope 4.0 will work since every other dotnetcore site works fine on mac.
6 years ago
Any updates on this issue ?
5 years ago
With the current version of Visual Studio for Mac (7.5.3) I can get a clean compile of nopCommerce 4.00.

But when I try to run Nop.Web in debug or release mode, I get the following error:

exceptionservicescommon.cs not found

Any ideas?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.