site redirecting to install page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I have a site that I worked on locally and when I upload all the files to my hosted server it keeps redirecting to the install page. How do I configure it so it stops redirecting to the install page?

Thanks.
7 years ago
When nopCommerce runs, it checks to see if these files are in the /App_Data folder:  Settings.txt, InstalledPlugins.txt.   Settings.txt contains the database connection string.  If the file is not present, then the Install page will show.  These files are not 'published' by design; your local environment would not likely have the same DB connection as your host, and may not have the same plugins installed.  Additionally, when you " upload all the files to my hosted server ", I assume you mean the web site files.  However, any configuration you make in your local copy (e.g. Settings, Plugins, etc.) are stored in the database, so uploading "files" would not also transfer the settings, etc.  Since you don't already have those /App_Data files on your host, I'll also assume this is the first time you are installing on the host.  If that is the case, and you want to "upload" your database too, then you should be able to backup your database (in SSMS or similar), upload the backup file to the host, and then using the host control panel restore the database.  Then, you can upload your Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt files, but you will need to edit the Settings.txt file and adjust the connection string to point to your host database (the host control panel should indicate what it is).
7 years ago
I will try all of that. Thank you.
7 years ago
When I uploaded the nopCommerce site "as is" instead of publishing it and uploading it, it worked fine. Ideally, publishing first and then uploading it is what I would like to do but for now I am moving on. Thanks.
7 years ago
You should not be uploading the source code version (e.g. \Presentation\Nop.Web) to your host.  If you're having problems publishing directly to host, then publish to local file system first, and then upload from there.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.