Hide or disable specification options on the display filter

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I would like to hide or disable specification options on the display filter when choosing specification options that lead to no products. For example: I have two different mice. Let's say mouse A and mouse B. I have two specification attributes: sensor with options optical and laser and size with options small and large. Mouse A has an optical sensor and it's size is small and mouse B has a laser sensor and it's size is large. So if I choose small size there is no meaning of showing laser sensor, because I don't have any products that have laser sensor and small size and when the customers click laser sensor no products are shown and they have to refresh the display filter.I would like the display filter to be similar to this e-shop http://www.e-shop.gr/trofodotika-psu. In this site when you choose for example the "Be Quiet" brand specification option the display filter disables the click on specific voltage power because the "Be Quiet" brand does not have products with "220W 250W 65W 80W" for example. The same goes to the Nopcommerce's demo site. If you go to the notebook's category and you choose inter core i5, you can then choose 4,8,16 GB ram, but if you choose 16GB ram it will show no products. How could I hide or disable this specification option when choosing intel core i5?  Is there any way to accomplish that?
6 years ago
You're right; it makes little sense to display specification filters that would wipe out the entire result-set.

Currently, Category "specification filters" are hidden if they are currently "active". For example, if I choose "Small Size" as a Category filter, I cannot choose it again (it's hidden, while chosen).

Your request would involve joining "specification filters" with the count of "products-if-that-filter-were-applied", and then displaying only those filters having one or more products in the result-set.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.