Combining configured products with standard products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello, I'm new to nopCommerce and I'm working as an Admin with very limited support.

I have created configured products using "Product Attributes" and allowing the system to create all possible product combinations. Each combination has a unique SKU and price that builds based on user selections (as expected). However, when I add a non-configured product to the "Product Attributes" the SKU function stops working.

Is there a way to combine both a configured product (Axle housing, rear ratio, differential type) with a deterministic SKU and non configured products (oil, gasket, brake) on a product single page?

I'm currently using ver 3.60

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
6 years ago
lbroell wrote:
Hello, I'm new to nopCommerce and I'm working as an Admin with very limited support.

I have created configured products using "Product Attributes" and allowing the system to create all possible product combinations. Each combination has a unique SKU and price that builds based on user selections (as expected). However, when I add a non-configured product to the "Product Attributes" the SKU function stops working.

Is there a way to combine both a configured product (Axle housing, rear ratio, differential type) with a deterministic SKU and non configured products (oil, gasket, brake) on a product single page?

I'm currently using ver 3.60

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't quite understand what you want. What do you mean by "combining a configured product and non-configured products"?
You can have a product attribute whose values are associated to other products as explained here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/45363/inventory-help.aspx
6 years ago
Thank you for the response. I apologize for my confusing message.

On the product page the customer selects a base Axle housing and then the configured options gear ratio, differential type (product attribute combinations). On the product page the the software automatically updates the SKU and price based on the selected options, just as it should.

Then I go back and add gear oil or a gasket as a standard product attribute (Edit Product Detail) and the previously working SKU update stops working (SKU does not change when a gear ratio or differential is selected).

I'm trying make it very easy for the customer to purchase all of the complementary products without leaving the primary product page.
6 years ago
lbroell wrote:
Thank you for the response. I apologize for my confusing message.

On the product page the customer selects a base Axle housing and then the configured options gear ratio, differential type (product attribute combinations). On the product page the the software automatically updates the SKU and price based on the selected options, just as it should.

Then I go back and add gear oil or a gasket as a standard product attribute (Edit Product Detail) and the previously working SKU update stops working (SKU does not change when a gear ratio or differential is selected).

I'm trying make it very easy for the customer to purchase all of the complementary products without leaving the primary product page.

I guess the best would be to have a Grouped product with two associated product: A) for the Axtle with is options and corresponding SKUs and B) a case with the complementary products. If B is for free you can establish a discount: example 100% discount for B with the restriction that you have A in cart
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.