Additional product type via plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi All,

I am new to NOP commerce and would like to know if it is possible to create a new product type and modify the checkout process via a plugin.

To give some background, I am looking to create a product type that acts as a container for other products, in this case a food hamper. The user journey would be as follows:

• User first chooses a hamper type (box, basket etc)
• Once created the user can then browse other products in the system and add them to the hamper
• User can create/edit as many hampers as they like
• Each hamper (containing multiple products) would display in the basket/checkout as a single line item

One important thing to note is that this cannot work as a single product with multiple attributes as shown in the build a computer example. The hamper is a new product type into which other products can be added. In other words I need to keep all the benefits of search, categorisation, related products etc that I would lose from going down the attribute route.

All I would like to know at this stage is whether this is possible via a plugin in NOP commerce, please can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.
6 years ago
There is a "...Attribute value type ... Associated to product type if you want this attribute value to be another product from your catalog".  But you must select the associated product when you set up the attribute.  Maybe your customization can make that 'dynamic' without creating another Product Type.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.