upgrade from 2.70 to latest version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I want to upgrade my store from 2.70 to 3.90. So do I need to download and run upgrade script for all versions in between these two? i.w. 2.80, 2.90, 3.10 .... 3.90?

Is there any short cut method for same?

Also, If I have to run all upgrade scripts then where will I find it?
6 years ago
Hrg wrote:
I want to upgrade my store from 2.70 to 3.90. So do I need to download and run upgrade script for all versions in between these two? i.w. 2.80, 2.90, 3.10 .... 3.90?

Is there any short cut method for same?

Also, If I have to run all upgrade scripts then where will I find it?

Hello,

There is no short cut method for upgrade 2.70 to direct 3.90. You have to run all script one by one.

You can find all upgrade script here: https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/releases/

You have to make sure for upgrading site. Only database is not responsible to upgrade. if you done any customization or plugin in 2.70. Those also you have to upgrade in latest version.

Thanks,
Jatin
6 years ago
Thank you very much. It was useful as I am new to this.
6 years ago
@Jatin

You said,  if you done any customization or plugin in 2.70. Those also you have to upgrade in latest version.

So, wanted to ask that if I have used plugins then upgrade to those is to be done in latest version only or with each upgrade script?
6 years ago
Hrg wrote:
@Jatin

You said,  if you done any customization or plugin in 2.70. Those also you have to upgrade in latest version.

So, wanted to ask that if I have used plugins then upgrade to those is to be done in latest version only or with each upgrade script?

Hi,

Its depend. Its your custom plugin or bought from third party. If from third party vendor then they have to provide latest version supported plugin and upgrade script you don't need to anything. Again if plugin have things on DB site then other wise upgrade script don't require

Now Upgrade script only require when your custom plugin have custom tables or Store procedure or functions on database side.

Yes for plugin upgrade you don't need to do step by step. You can add plugin into latest version of the project and then solve reference issue and do changes on code based on error.

If you have any question or query then feel free to ask me.

Thanks,
Jatin
6 years ago
Ok. got it. Thanks for the information.
6 years ago
Hrg wrote:
Ok. got it. Thanks for the information.

You're welcome. Pls vote up. If answer helpful :)
6 years ago
I successfully upgraded from 2.70 to 2.80. But upgrading from 2.80 to 3.00 it gives error as follows:

Invalid column name 'DefaultLanguageId'.
Invalid column name 'CompanyName'.
Invalid column name 'CompanyAddress'.
Invalid column name 'CompanyPhoneNumber'.
Invalid column name 'CompanyVat'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'DefaultLanguageId'.

Source Error:

Line 96:                             orderby s.DisplayOrder, s.Id
Line 97:                             select s;
Line 98:                 var stores = query.ToList();
Line 99:                 return stores;
Line 100:            });

Source File: d:\Practices\dbfstore\Libraries\Nop.Services\Stores\StoreService.cs    Line: 98
6 years ago
Also, now it is showing below error:

Invalid column name 'LeasedByMachineName'.
Invalid column name 'LeasedUntilUtc'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'LeasedByMachineName'.
Invalid column name 'LeasedUntilUtc'.

Source Error:

Line 86:             query = query.OrderByDescending(t => t.Seconds);
Line 87:
Line 88:             var tasks = query.ToList();
Line 89:             return tasks;
Line 90:         }

Source File: d:\Practices\dbfstore\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tasks\ScheduleTaskService.cs    Line: 88
6 years ago
Hrg wrote:
I successfully upgraded from 2.70 to 2.80. But upgrading from 2.80 to 3.00 it gives error as follows:

Invalid column name 'DefaultLanguageId'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'DefaultLanguageId'.

Source Error:

Line 96:                             orderby s.DisplayOrder, s.Id
Line 97:                             select s;
Line 98:                 var stores = query.ToList();
Line 99:                 return stores;
Line 100:            });

Source File: d:\Practices\dbfstore\Libraries\Nop.Services\Stores\StoreService.cs    Line: 98

Hi,

It means field removed Store class or table. You can compare both
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.