Live Debuging in VS

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello,

I`m already deploy nopcommerce in azure direct from VS. I need to specify database to locate existing one in azure. Connection string is like

Server=tcp:<appname>.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=<dbname>;Persist Security Info=False;User ID={your_username};Password={your_password};MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;

Where I need to put this credentials to work?

Thanks !
6 years ago
Todorov wrote:
Hello,

I`m already deploy nopcommerce in azure direct from VS. I need to specify database to locate existing one in azure. Connection string is like

Server=tcp:<appname>.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=<dbname>;Persist Security Info=False;User ID={your_username};Password={your_password};MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;

Thanks !

Hello,

Go to App_Data folder inside nop.web. In which you will see settings.txt. Add you connection string in that file.

Thanks,
Jatin
6 years ago
I can`t see it

6 years ago
Did you install your nopCommerce? Maybe you have them in nopCommerce directory, but you don't add them manually to VS.

Best,
Patryk
6 years ago
Todorov wrote:

Can you please provide more information with the steps that what you did?

May be similar to:

SQL Azure connectionstring issues
6 years ago
The "Install" creates Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt file in the App_Data folder.  But these files do not get Published.  If you already have an installed database (that you restored to your Azure SQL Server), then just copy those files from where you did the original installation (e.g. you local test environment), and then modify the Settings.txt file with your new connection string.
6 years ago
Can you show me example of Settings.txt because I need to create this file manual.
6 years ago
When add Settings.txt manual I got error:

I`m using microsoft azure.

Settings.txt file content:

DataProvider: sqlserver
Server=tcp:<dbname>.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=<dbname>;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=<userName>;Password=<password>;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;
6 years ago
on Azure, try

DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=xxxx.database.windows.net;Initial Catalog=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=xxxxxx;Password=xxxxxx

see this topic
6 years ago
Also make sure you add your IP address into the SQL firewall in Azure if the code is local to your machine
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.