Multi-Step Product Configurator for nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Has anyone ever made a multi step product configurator for their nopCommerce store? Or is anyone planning to do so?
6 years ago
It is not clear what you want. Could you explain it in more detail?
6 years ago
I am looking forward for something like ' Make Your Own Computer '
I wish my customer to select different parts of the computer from a big volume of configurations e.g. a HDD from 50 HDDs, then, some 20 type of processors, 200 cabinets.
6 years ago
NicSantos wrote:
I wish my customer to select different parts of the computer from a big volume of configurations e.g. a HDD from 50 HDDs, then, some 20 type of processors, 200 cabinets.

I think it is already exist. Check the demo with Desktop product.
6 years ago
NicSantos wrote:

If you mean by multi-step to go step by step in a new page, this would require customization, but I guess using attributes type drop down lists could be helpful. Check conditional attributes which show depending on the values of previous selected attributes. Example: Computer type  [desk top, notebook, table], if notebook was selected will only show attributes corresponding to this type.
6 years ago
NicSantos wrote:
Has anyone ever made a multi step product configurator for their nopCommerce store? Or is anyone planning to do so?

I have developed a custom product configurator by using JavaScript on top of nopCommerce in past but it is not available for public. I can answer your questions if you have any?

On the other hand, you can make use of product attributes in nopCommerce and accomplish similar functionality up to certain extent. Create a new product, name it as product configurator (or price configurator) and add all the possible attribute where customers can see different pricing based on custom attributes and you can add conditions as per your business requirements.
6 years ago
I also need the enhanced attribute configurator.

Unfortunately the stock nopCommerce code does not handle multiple rules or filters based on product attributes.

We need the ability to filter the next product attribute list (4 to 6 options) based on the selection made in the previous attribute list. For example: if item B is selected in the previous attribute, then only options compatible with B would display in the next attribute.

Also, it would be very beneficial if a condition could be based on more than one option in an attribute list, that is, if either A,B or C options are selected from within an attribute list then the next attribute could be filtered or selected.

It would be very nice if attribute conditions could be nested so that selections made in the previous attribute list could filter multiple subsequent attribute lists.
6 years ago
We actually did make a Multi-Step Product configurator (or an enhanced attribute configurator) for a diamond selling nopCommerce store. It follows a process in which the user first has to select a ring and only then can move on to selecting a setting of the ring. The page is on staging right now. Will share the link as soon as it goes live.
You can check out our other nopCommerce services till then
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.