Scheduled Task not working on shared hosting(SmarterASP)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I have a nop(3.90) site on smarterasp.net(Shared hosting). I have few emails queued up and is not delivered even after hours. Verified Scheduled Task "Send emails", configured to run in 60 seconds and is in enabled state. Checked for error in log, but i found only "Application started" entry in log. When I try manually "Run Now", emails are delivered. The issue is with all Scheduled Task.

I want emails to be delivered instantly to customers, any suggestions?
6 years ago
Hello,

I have hosted around 25 sites on smarter asp. I didn't found any issue. All schedule task are working fine in my hosting account.

Can you please restart your site? then check.

Thanks,
Jatin
6 years ago
Thanks for your response. I tried Restarting the application in in nopcommerce site as well as in shared hosting.
and looked into Scheduled Task and no change in last run time stamp.

I am not using SmarterASP.net's "nopCommerce Hosting", I have hosted as normal website in shared hosting. appreciate your guidance in mitigating this issue. I am not sure where i went wrong.
6 years ago
I also have very many client sites with nopCommerce in the same environment you described at SmarterAsp.net...with no problems.

If you aren't seeing any related errors in the admin >> System >> Log, you can try the following:
admin >> System >> Scheduled Tasks >> Send Email task >> Edit >> Check STOP ON ERROR >> Update..wait 5 minutes until task should execute normally, then check the log again for any errors. If you find the error, share it here with us.

Steve
6 years ago
Tried as suggested and found no difference. Still my last Start date of any Task is very old date.

I noticed, "Application started" is in the log every 5 or 10 minutes once. Does this mean anything?
6 years ago
UPDATE:
Raised a ticket with SmarterASP.NET support about "Application restart" in every 5 or 10 minutes. Below is the response I got,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

I checked the recycled log, and it shows that your application consumes a lot of resource more than your .net basic can support.
1) Not enough memory. Nopcommerce uses 350MB of memory and basic plan only have 128MB of memory. That will cause your site to slow down and restart frequently. http://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/24976/memory-usage.aspx

2) Not enough traffic to your site. If you don't have enough traffic to your site, your site will shutdown itself after 20 minutes of idle time. When you visit it again, it would take longer than normal to start and load your site. This can be fixed by scheduling a task to visit your site every 15 minutes.

To fix both 1 & 2, you would require a premium plan. Premium plan will give you 512MB of ram and it allows you to schedule up to 3 tasks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question:
Is this normal with Nopcommerce to consume lot of resource? (require more than 128MB?)
6 years ago
I did not have that specific issue with smarterasp, although I had plenty of others. I found that smarterasp is pretty skimpy on resources and long on selling more. You could buy that upgrade for one month and see what happens. It isn't that expensive. As far as paging you out of the application pool goes, yup that's what they do. That alone made my sites ultra slow. I had to write a "pinger" that runs on one of my local servers to ping the sites every 10 minutes. I am on a semi-dedicated plan though.
6 years ago
RE: 1) Not enough memory.
SmarterAsp does not have a page that shows/compares RAM.  Here's what I got from their support team:

Trial Plan - 128MB
Basic Plan - 128MB
Advance Plan - 256MB
Premium Plan -512MB
Semi Basic Plan - 768MB
Semi Advance Plan - 1GB
Semi Premium Plan - 1.5GB
Semi ultimate plan : 2.5 GB

Also, it's best to have an 'Isolated Application Pool'.  Here are the SmarterASP plan comparisons (but you will need Premium due to memory needs)

RE: 2) Not enough traffic to your site. ... 20 minutes of idle time.
nopCommerce has a "Keep Alive" schedules task that should handle this.  Be suore your admin > Configuration > Stores is set up with proper store url - should be like http://yourstore.com/
(there is a "/" at the end)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.