Blank Pages Shown In Admin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello,

I just did an upgrade to 1.6 and I am facing problem on certain pages like Category management.

The page displays blank (however the view source HTML does show presence of controls)

On clicking save, it even shows missing category name tool tip, however the name text box is invisible.

Also to add I am getting JS errors (may be that is stopping the viewing of text boxes?):

/administration/categories.aspx >> Error: b._events is undefined
/administration/CategoryAdd.aspx >> Error: Sys.Extended.UI.HTMLEditor.CustomToolbarButton is undefined

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Dadaji
13 years ago
The url:

/editors/HTMLEditor/HTMLEditor.customButtons/*.gif
/editors/HTMLEditor/HTMLEditor.scripts/*.js

give a page not found due to "DOT" in HTMLEditor.customButtons and HTMLEditor.scripts could that be the reason for the blank page?

How to fix this issue?
13 years ago
I haven't quite finished testing the implication of this yet, but when you deploy 1.6 under the .net framework 4.0 under IIS 7.0 I found the same issue.  This was my team's report on the solution (really smart guys btw):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After intense investigation of the issue I found that HTMLEditor js files were not loading e.g.
editors/HTMLEditor/HTMLEditor.scripts/InsertPicture.js

The reason is that the directory name contains a "." (dot) and the webserver (IIS) is rejecting the url

I changed the settings by modifying the UrlScan.ini file located at location C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\urlscan

It is working fine now. There is no issue related to running the application under ASP.NET 4.0 Application pool any longer.

I would like to know if there is any downside to this, but it seems harmless enough.

I would also like to know if anyone has this problem on other .net frameworks.

Thanks,

Jared Nielsen
www.FUZION.org
13 years ago
Hi Jared,

Thanks. That seems to be the problem. I am not sure if the hosting guys would change the .ini for me :(

Anyways, thanks for the help!
13 years ago
Why not have them set your application pool to .net 2.0?

I only have the problem in the .net 4.0 framework.

I would think most hosting providers would do the downgrade of .net versions.

I hope that helps.

Jared Nielsen
The FUZION Agency
www.FUZION.org
13 years ago
Hi Jared,

The pool is already 2.0 still same error comes. Any ideas?

Thanks,
dadaji
13 years ago
Hi,

My hosting provider won't help on that. So I had to help myself.

For someone who is facing same issue, this is what I did.

Change the code and removed the "." and replaced with "_" at the places which referred to the html editor paths of scripts, images and custom buttons and renamed the physical folders to "_" to match the code and get rid of "."

HTH

Thanks!
13 years ago
To resolve this issue simply add CombineScripts=”false” to the AjaxToolkit tag.

<ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager runat="server"
ID="sm1"
EnableScriptGlobalization="true"
EnableScriptLocalization="true"
ScriptMode="Release"
CompositeScript-ScriptMode="Release"  
CombineScripts="false" />

This needs updated in the main.master and where ever else the AjaxToolkit tag is located..
13 years ago
I am using .net framework 4.0 and nopecommerce 1.90 and getting the same error. I tried using nopcommerce 1.70 under framework 4.0 same error.

I  changed the ajax control as stated above but does not work.

Any ideas?
13 years ago
I'm also getting this. I've tried the suggestions here and elsewhere on the forums but to no avail. I believe this issue is to be looked at for nopcommerce 2.0 (move to MVC?) but I'd rather not wait that long, it's a fantastic product but at the moment it's driving me nuts!

Any suggestions most welcome.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.