Payment Plugin - Multiple Options

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi.

I am creating a new payment plugin, but I need to allow customers to choose between more than 1 payment option, without I have to create multiple payment plugins, once it is under same payment provider API.

I mean. Debit Card, Credit Card, Bank Transfer.

Nop 3.7

Can it be done?
6 years ago
Yes, set up the options on the Payment Info page.  See the demo store, and choose Credit Card as a payment option, and then note the "Payment information" page that follows.
6 years ago
Thanks, but it will not work.

As it is, customer will have to select the payment option, like "General Payment" and then on payment info select his preferred option again, like wire transfer or debit card.

We should work with less clicks to checkout and one new step like it would cause several mistakes and misunderstanding.

I have researched about it and I didnt find to much help, once nop works on 1-1 relationship with payment / shipment plugins options.

Some customization will be required, right?
6 years ago
iob2000 wrote:
As it is, customer will have to select the payment option, like "General Payment" and then on payment info select his preferred option again, like wire transfer or debit card.

There's a setting called paymentsettings.bypasspaymentmethodselectionifonlyone available from the All settings page that, as it's name suggests, bypasses the payment method selection if there's only one. I think it's set to true by default anyway.

A more flexible approach might be to put the common functionality for working with your payment provider's API into a class library and build each of your payment methods as a separate plugin that references the class library. It would be a bit more work but would mean you could easily introduce other third party payment services at a later date if required.
6 years ago
Also, there is a "skip payment info page" ability where the plugin can return true/false to skip that 2nd page. But, I don't recall if 3.70 has it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.