Scary log entries

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I am noticing that when an order is placed. A log entry with level of "Debug" is entered. Short name is "Processing.." and the full message looks to have CC info in plain text.  What should I do?
6 years ago
vbdoug wrote:
I am noticing that when an order is placed. A log entry with level of "Debug" is entered. Short name is "Processing.." and the full message looks to have CC info in plain text.  What should I do?

Are you certain the log message contains literal card numbers or could it be payment tokens?  

Which payment processor are you using? Try placing a test order using a different payment processor to see if that's where it's logging from.  

In the case that your system is compromised you should notify all potentially impacted users as well as your hosting provider and contact a web development firm to do an analysis on your code-base.

Best of luck!
6 years ago
I am using Authorize.net
6 years ago
Is there anything that will let me see what triggers a log entry?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.