Any videos on making payment providers?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
The docs in general are good but a bit sparse on how to create your own Payment Provider.
Are there any YT videos on how to create one from scratch?

That includes premium videos btw.

I have tried looking at samples but it is hard to find a good one that adhers to the more traditional form post/redirect style of payment.

I mean the type that uses a form with input fields to forward.

Thanks in advance,
Marcus
6 years ago
I have a suggestion to the NOP Team.

How about you do something akin to Umbraco.TV? Create commercial tutorial videos for more advanced concepts?

Documentation is king when it comes to investing in a system and I would rather PAY to have some pro guidance than guess my way through.

Any thoughts on this NOP-team?

Videos would be about writing plugins like these. Freight, Payment etc. You can charge monthly or per video. Whatever makes them produced :).
6 years ago
In most cases, using one of the existing plugins as a guide works very well.  

RE:  "type that uses a form with input fields to forward"
Have you looked at Authorize.net plugin?
6 years ago
New York wrote:
In most cases, using one of the existing plugins as a guide works very well.  

RE:  "type that uses a form with input fields to forward"
Have you looked at Authorize.net plugin?

But then you need more or less the exact same scenario also. So many nuances today. At the least we can agree that todays docs are a bit sparse on these topics. Nop has to see the potential in having more devs catching up.

Also. I think everyone agrees that the difference between success and not is documenation and help. All the big systems like EpiServer for instance, has tons of docs and support.

Lastly. This is a good business opportunity. Selling these videos could be yet another revenue stream while generating more acive users (since many corps rely on docs to invest in systems).

It is a way forward at least :).
6 years ago
Agree wholeheartedly!!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.