Packaging weight #2!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Had another thought about packing weight.
I set up some checkout attributes, for packaging:-
standard (+100g) preselected
medium box (+500g)
large box (+1000g)

and this is cool, as it will always select the stadard option (+100 grams) and add it to the cart weight before checking which offline shipping rate to use. i check this was the case by altering the additonal weight for the attribute! all good so far.

How can I now, "automatically" select another one of these checkout atts, if the total of all the products necessitates this, ie if cart products are over 10kg then select large box checkout attr.

Custom Code?
Existing plugin?
New plugin?
In Javascript?
6 years ago
Hey,

You can do it in your existing plugin. Using javascript from some action filter would be a good choice because on cart page load you can get total weight of all of your existing cart products and then select necessary attribute value from dropdown using JS.

EASY..!! :-)

Hope it helps

Thank you,
Atul
6 years ago
"javascript ... cart page load you can get total weight" - that alone won't handle if customer changes quantity on the page

"javascript from some action filter "???
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.