Serious IIS Application Pool recycling bug/design flaw

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago

lol

Andrei, respectfully, I think this problem needs to be taken a little more seriously.
6 years ago
timmit wrote:
Andrei, respectfully, I think this problem needs to be taken a little more seriously.

Sure. But right now we don't have any ida why it happens

Regarding this screenshot:
1. Open appsettings.json file and set "DisplayFullErrorStack" to "true"
2. Also open web.config file and set "stdoutLogEnabled" to "true". Then it'll see a detailed error text in \Logs directory
6 years ago
A full stack trace isn't going to help you. I've already spent the time debugging this and have explained why the problem is happening in detail. Please simply refer back to the first post in this thread.

If you would like to reproduce the problem for yourself, simply restart the application pool which is hosting the demo site. As long as "overlapped recycle" is enabled (which it is by default) you will be able to reproduce the problem.
6 years ago
I've re-created a work item. We'll investigate it one more time
6 years ago
Hi,

Make sure your DLL's are not read-only.
6 years ago
They are not readonly.

They are not marked as unsafe.

Full permissions are granted to the EVERYONE group to the entire folder.
6 years ago
Hello everyone. We can't reproduce this issue, but we made changes which should fix problem with locking plugins, can you test this changes and say is it problem solved? A new code you can get by this link. For enable a new way of copy plugin libraries you must set CopyLockedPluginAssembilesToSubdirectoriesOnStartup setting as true in the appsettings.json file.
6 years ago
I tried this and no longer get the errors but I cannot install any plugins now.  If I upload the list reloads and there is nothing there.  I check via FTP and it looks like the upload didn't happen.  If I manually upload the plugin it won't show up in the list. I've restarted the application via the Administration screen - I'll restart the Azure app service and see if it works.

But I have been having this problem too and it is preventing us from upgrading to 4.00.
6 years ago
Well I just noticed it shows 4.10 in the Admin screen - so of course none of those plugins are going to show up or get installed. So is this fix a patch for 4.00 or is it truly a 4.10? Because I need this to work for 4.00 and my Nop-Templates theme and plugins are set to work with 4.00 not 4.10
6 years ago
So to answer my own question - this is truly the next 4.10 version and will break with plugins built for 4.00.

I changed the nop version to 4.00 and updated the included plugins to support 4.00 from 4.10 - and that breaks completely.

To test I tried including the MailChimp plugin that works for 4.00.  It kills the site.

Come on guys - this is a serious problem.  If you are wanting us to test code you checked in at least branch it off the 4.00 release and let us test that (since that is what is in production). That is not a good solution to give a branch off the actively developed 4.10 line of code.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.