Serious IIS Application Pool recycling bug/design flaw

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Are you sure you have overlapped recycle turned off?

You do need to change SITE_NAME to your actual website's site name
6 years ago
Yes, absolutely sure. I put site name as a place holder to keep my info private.
.config shows it's off
6 years ago
SITE_NAME is different to the website name as shown in azure

https://YOUR_WEBSITE_NAME.scm.azurewebsites.net/api/vfs/LocalSiteRoot/Config/applicationhost.config

If you have a look at that but replace YOUR_WEBSITE_NAME with the name you have as shown in azure and look for the details there.

Take e.g. mine the site name is actually my azure name with "__c1ac" appended.

Then make sure you copy that to your transform file
6 years ago
I'm s little desperate for a solution. Customers waiting, this is embarrassing. If someone could help get my site back up, I would much appreciate it.

here is whats in applicationHost.config but i cant get the site to load at all.

<applicationPools>
      <add name="site_name" managedRuntimeVersion="v4.0">
        <processModel identityType="ApplicationPoolIdentity" />
        <recycling disallowOverlappingRotation="true" />
        <recycling disallowOverlappingRotation="true" />
      </add>
      <add name="~1site_name" managedRuntimeVersion="v4.0" managedPipelineMode="Integrated">
        <processModel identityType="ApplicationPoolIdentity" />
      </add>
    </applicationPools>

restarting at azure doesn't help.
6 years ago
Hi shinagawaintelligence. See my PM to you. As I've got mine on azure running should be able to help
6 years ago
update

the last plugin i installed before getting the app start error was nop purchase order, so i deleted it from the server and restarted it, and was able to log in.
6 years ago
not good for business guys.

My customers still have this issue even after transforming to turn off recycling.

Someone please put more attention on this.
6 years ago
Hi all, I am also having the same problem, as soon as I copy the Shop All template from nop-templates.com to the plugins folder and reload the list of plugins in nopCommerce admin I get a 502.5 error. The error message in stdout log is:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application startup exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at <PrivateImplementationDetails>{B12874A5-5A3C-4B74-A65B-504AE7B906C1}.F4819236-3A5D-4A20-9531-ECB331A264E3.(Int32 , Int32 , Int32 )
   at <PrivateImplementationDetails>{B12874A5-5A3C-4B74-A65B-504AE7B906C1}.F4819236-3A5D-4A20-9531-ECB331A264E3.b()
   at SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.Core.Infrastructure.DependencyRegistrar..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.<>c.<RegisterDependencies>b__6_0(Type dependencyRegistrar)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__1.MoveNext()
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.RegisterDependencies(NopConfig nopConfig, IServiceCollection services, ITypeFinder typeFinder)
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration)
   at Nop.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()

The nopCommerce web is failing both on local IIS and Azure and this is a critical showstopper for us. The number of customers affected by this issue is just growing, can you please provide a fix for this bug as soon as possible?

Best regards,
   Oli
6 years ago
oliIntraz wrote:
Hi all, I am also having the same problem, as soon as I copy the Shop All template from nop-templates.com to the plugins folder and reload the list of plugins in nopCommerce admin I get a 502.5 error. The error message in stdout log is:
Application startup exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

This is not the same bug. The bug I reported occurs after application pool recycle, and the error is as follows -

Application startup exception: System.Exception: Plugin '[plugin name]'. Access to the path '[dll path]' is denied.

Create your own thread.
6 years ago
We have also had these problems in Azure and it seems like we got it (temporary) resolved yesterday. The reason for the issue to still continue after disabling overlapped recycle was because nop-templates assemblies were obfuscated, after getting unobfuscated assemblies from nop-templates the site started to work fine.

Not a solution to the root cause of the problem but a workaround that gets the site up and running.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.