Unable to get v4.00 upgraded site to load

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
After upgrading a 3.90 site I'm unable to get the site to load. And indeed am unable to get a new default v4 site to load.

The error is -  An error occurred while starting the application.

I have switched on logging and below is the log.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Application startup exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.get_DefinedTypes()
   at AutoMapper.ServiceCollectionExtensions.<>c.<AddAutoMapperClasses>b__11_1(Assembly a)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__17`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at AutoMapper.ServiceCollectionExtensions.AddAutoMapperClasses(IServiceCollection services, Action`1 additionalInitAction, IEnumerable`1 assembliesToScan)
   at AutoMapper.ServiceCollectionExtensions.AddAutoMapper(IServiceCollection services)
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.AddAutoMapper(IServiceCollection services, ITypeFinder typeFinder) in E:\nopCommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Core\Infrastructure\NopEngine.cs:line 123
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration) in E:\nopCommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Core\Infrastructure\NopEngine.cs:line 197
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration) in E:\nopCommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ServiceCollectionExtensions.cs:line 51
   at Nop.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) in E:\nopCommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Startup.cs:line 44
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
crit: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[6]
      Application startup exception
      Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.get_DefinedTypes()
   at AutoMapper.ServiceCollectionExtensions.<>c.<AddAutoMapperClasses>b__11_1(Assembly a)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__17`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at AutoMapper.ServiceCollectionExtensions.AddAutoMapperClasses(IServiceCollection services, Action`1 additionalInitAction, IEnumerable`1 assembliesToScan)
   at AutoMapper.ServiceCollectionExtensions.AddAutoMapper(IServiceCollection services)
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.AddAutoMapper(IServiceCollection services, ITypeFinder typeFinder) in E:\nopCommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Core\Infrastructure\NopEngine.cs:line 123
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration) in E:\nopCommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Core\Infrastructure\NopEngine.cs:line 197
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration) in E:\nopCommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ServiceCollectionExtensions.cs:line 51
   at Nop.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) in E:\nopCommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Startup.cs:line 44
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
Hosting environment: Production
Content root path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopGP4Y-400
Now listening on: http://localhost:17715
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://localhost/nopGP4Y-400/  
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 79.4674ms 500 text/html; charset=utf-8
6 years ago
i couldn't even get the logging going.

do you get error 500(.11?) if you try to browse the site?

mine is borked as well, i have no advice :(
6 years ago
mikehalford wrote:

Please go here
6 years ago
mikehalford wrote:
After upgrading a 3.90 site I'm unable to get the site to load. And indeed am unable to get a new default v4 site to load.

I have switched on logging and below is the log.

Please set your site in IIS Local host Nop.Web Project only
and Give Permission on to the folder and put your database connection string file and plugins
installedPlugins.txtx and dataSettings.txt in app_data folder

Thank You !!!
6 years ago
Was at Ver 3.8.  Upgraded to 3.9 with usual steps, no problem.  Then upgraded to Ver 4.00.  Site won't load.  Get a 500 error.  I notice that he file structure is completely different.  upgrade instructions say that if you have pictures on the file system to copy your existing \Content\Images over to the new install.  Well the new file structure doesn't even have a \Content directory.  There are also a load of DLL files in he root directory.  Obviously this is a radically different version that requires different upgrade instructions and all they did is copy the instructions from previous versions.

We can't be the only ones having these problems!
6 years ago
afaict you copy them to \wwwroot\images

which worked fine under windows 10

it's win8/w2k8 that bork out with the 500 error for me.

settings.txt & installedplugins.txt get transformed into .json files when you run it (not sure if that's only on initial install, or when the .json files aren't there, or the .txt's are)

edit: don't forget to install the DotNetCore.2.0.5-WindowsHosting.exe you d/l from msft, they say, for win8/2k8

hasn't worked for me yet in 2k8
6 years ago
just used the source version, updated a lot of nuget packages in the code, built it, and successfully ran nop4.0 on w8.1 on iisexpress via vs2017 with the sqlce file db option no sqlserver

so no to nosource it seems
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.