shipping label plugin for shippo?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I was looking at providing a paid shipping label to my vendors and came across a number of references to services like Shipworks etc.

however i don't want to pay a monthly service. So i found a company called Shippo that charges only for the package.

Does anyone know of a plugin that will work with Shippo?
6 years ago
I'm not aware of one.  Additionally, 'vendors' make it more complicated...
Who is paying the shipping cost?  If the vendors are paying, they would need their own shippo accounts.  If you are paying, and it's your shippo account, then note that the rating (shipping cost) would be based on your origination address, not the vendor's.  Additionally, a cart can contain products from multiple vendors.  If the plugin needs to use vendor's shippo account, it would need to be able to handle that, as well as aggregating rates for the similar shipping carrier/method (e.g. UPS/Ground).  But it's then complicated if vendor A uses only UPS, and vendor B uses only FedEx.   nopCommerce does not support selecting different carrier/method per cart item.
- the shipping plugins (built-in and in marketplace) that I'm aware of only support one account configuration and can't handle the multi-vendor issues.
6 years ago
thanks, in my case i would be paying the shipping for the vendor. i would assume that you could set the address from/to to get the correct shipping cost.
6 years ago
Yes, I see that the Shippo API supports setting a From address.  However, you still have to deal with the issues mentioned above:

- ... a cart can contain products from multiple vendors.  ...

- ... complicated if vendor A uses only UPS, and vendor B uses only FedEx.
   (are you allowing vendors to select which carriers they want to use?)
5 years ago
What about a plugin for shippo just to create a shipping label for your orders...
Another great service to create labels is Pirateship

Shippo:  goshippo.com/
Pirateship: pirateship.com
3 years ago
FYI: PirateShip doesn’t support nopCommerce integration.   And they have no API to where you could roll your own.

What’s funny is I was just reading their FAQ under the question “do you have an API?” and the answer was “no, because all of our competitors do”

Bold marketing strategy.  “We’re not as good as our competitors- and we’re proud to say it!” LOL
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.