eCommerce enabling my website using nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I would appreciate some detailed advice regarding following please:

My company's website is at www.ienvisage.co.uk. I intend to keep the design intact but power it with nopCommerce for selling my eBooks and software(s). What can I do with minimum development effort?

After above is done, how can I sell digital products e.g. software, ebooks from this website such that a license key is generated only after payment has been received in my account?

A detailed step by step response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks very much
Jawwad
13 years ago
Stage 1 would be to create a nopcommerce theme based on your current site's design. If you are good with html and css you should find this a fairly straightforward task (especially as your current design is very simple).

Essentially you can take a copy of one of the existing themes and then start tweaking it. Add FireFox's Firebug extension to your tool kit and you will find it can be done very quickly.

Stage 2 would be to migrate your existing content. Since most of these seem to be standard html pages you could actually just copy these into your site. However, I would recommend creating nopCommerce topics for these so that they are integrated with the rest of your site.

Hope this helps

Ben
13 years ago
Thanks for a quick response. From what I have gathered so far, it seems that I will have to tweak the "styles" CSS. Could you please suggest the html pages which I might need to edit?

Stage 2 seems pretty straight forward and I had myself thought of making the static pages in nopCommerce. By the way, your team deserves appreciation for designing something which is reliable, scalable & maintainable yet free! Well done.
13 years ago
The idea is that you shouldn't have to change the markup of the asp.net pages or controls (you should be able to do most things just from changing the css).
13 years ago
That's even better. I'll start from tomorrow and will shout if I need help. Thanks for the quick help so far.
13 years ago
Would you mind commenting on second bit of my question please:

"After above is done, how can I sell digital products e.g. software, ebooks from this website such that a license key is generated only after payment has been received in my account?"

Thanks
13 years ago
jawwad wrote:
Would you mind commenting on second bit of my question please:

"After above is done, how can I sell digital products e.g. software, ebooks from this website such that a license key is generated only after payment has been received in my account?"

Thanks

The first thing you want to do is make sure that download activation type is set to "When Order is paid". This will prevent the user from downloading the file until they have paid for it.

Regarding license key generation, if all customers will use the same key, you can include this in the download file.

If you want to generate individual license keys for the customer you will need to implement this yourself.

This is how I would do it.

1 - Create a method that will generate a valid license key for the software using whatever algorithm you choose
2 - Create an event handler that is raised when the order is paid
3 - Subscribe to this event and check if the order contains your downloadable product. If it does, generate the key and email it to the customer. Also create an order note against the order for your reference.
13 years ago
Thanks. I do have license generation and validation engine in place. I wanted to know how can I deliver license when an order is paid. Let's say I have1000 license keys for one piece of software in an Excel file. I want to send one license key per purchase along with the download link location to the customer only after the payment has hit my account. I am not interested in developing any new code for nopCommerce primarily because I am a one person company and must maintain balance between development and generating cash from consultancy. So the question is - how can I achieve this within the existing nopCommerce system?

Best regards
Jawwad
13 years ago
jawwad wrote:
Thanks. I do have license generation and validation engine in place. I wanted to know how can I deliver license when an order is paid. Let's say I have1000 license keys for one piece of software in an Excel file. I want to send one license key per purchase along with the download link location to the customer only after the payment has hit my account. I am not interested in developing any new code for nopCommerce primarily because I am a one person company and must maintain balance between development and generating cash from consultancy. So the question is - how can I achieve this within the existing nopCommerce system?

Best regards
Jawwad

You can't do this automatically without writing any new code.

You would need to do it manually so when you are notified off the order you go into your spreadsheet and then email the customer a license key.

If you are interested in having this module developed for you then PM me.
13 years ago
Hi,

Can someone from the nopCommerce team comment whether I can expect this feature to be implemented in near future? Or may be anyone else has written a code for this?

Thanks
Jawwad
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.