Is there a way to attach a specific file to an order

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi,

I am working on a plugin for downloadable products and I need a way to attach a file(zip) to an order.
I don't want to send the file via email. I want to attached to the order and the file to be able to be downloaded after that.

Is there such functionality or I will have to develop it?

Regards,
Boris
6 years ago
Hi Boris,

I'm not sure how to do it with a plugin (might need more details for that), but nopCommerce actually directly allows you to sell digital products.

Just upload the digital file and whenever someone places an order for it, the file will be available to the customer in their My Account tab. Not in an email.

Plus, whenever an order is placed, you will see the product in "Order Details" and you will get an option to upload the file (if you haven't uploaded the file already). If you're working on a plugin, maybe you could create one that automatically uploads the file after the order is placed. Initially, you can keep only a sample of the digital file in your product page.

Feel free to get in touch with our nopCommerce developers for any further clarifications.
6 years ago
vorodot wrote:
Hi,

I am working on a plugin for downloadable products and I need a way to attach a file(zip) to an order.
I don't want to send the file via email. I want to attached to the order and the file to be able to be downloaded after that.
Boris

Did you check the order note functionality, you can do it using place order note that has an attachment, and show it to customer, he will be notified by email. but ı belive you can still disable this feature
6 years ago
Ajajturkey wrote:
Did you check the order note functionality, you can do it using place order note that has an attachment, and show it to customer, he will be notified by email. but ı belive you can still disable this feature

These order notes are the perfect solution.

Very thanks for the hint.

Boris
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.