Calculating shipping costs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi!
I have some shipping costs scenario that I haven't found in the posts about shipping costs.
I have some states - countries that do not incur in shipping costs and other states - countries that need to pay for shipping.
Now, I could calculate manually the costs in the states where a shipping costs is needed or I could use an API in order to estimate the shipping cost.
How can I do these tasks ?
First, split shipping cost logic from states - countries that don't need shipping cost.
Second, show Shipping Cost Calculator and/or estimate the Shipping cost, depending.
I'd like something like showing the shipping cost method "Free shipping" for the free shipping states - countries and showing shipping cost method "Ground" (when estimated internally) or "calculate shipping cost".
It's the last functionality I need to develop in order to release to Production :)
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
6 years ago
You should be able to use the 'built-in' Manual (Fixed or By Weight) shipping provider.

In the upper right of the page, you can "Manage shipping methods" to set up Ground and "Free Shipping".  Then configure the "By Weight" section of the provider (click the button in the upper left to change mode from "Fixed Rate" to "By Weight").  Set up  your countries/methods lines; ignore anything regarding weight (if you don't need it), and use "Additional fixed cost" to enter your rate.
6 years ago
Hi!

---

You should be able to use the 'built-in' Manual (Fixed or By Weight) shipping provider.

In the upper right of the page, you can "Manage shipping methods" to set up Ground and "Free Shipping".  Then configure the "By Weight" section of the provider (click the button in the upper left to change mode from "Fixed Rate" to "By Weight").  Set up  your countries/methods lines; ignore anything regarding weight (if you don't need it), and use "Additional fixed cost" to enter your rate.
---

Thanks for your answer!
I had already do that.
The situation here is ..
1) When I raise an order, both shipping methods appear (Ground and "Free Shipping"), but I would like that based in the selected "Shipping Address", only compliant Shipping Methods appear .. (if my address is for the local state only Free Shipping appear and if my address if on a foreign state, Ground shipping method appear).
2) I'd like that when Ground shipping method is selected, call my Packaging company API and calculate the shipping price.
Where should I program this ? In the "Manual (Fixed or By Weight) shipping provider" plugin ?

Thanks a lot!
Regards,
4 years ago
I have a very similar scenario, I was wondering if you have found a solution for this?

I have two shipping rates for two of the categories for sale in my store -- one for East of the Rocky Mountains and one for West of the Rocky Mountains. Rather than exclude the entire West Coast from the ability to purchase those products, is there a way to have the additional shipping charge figured in for those items if shipping to those states?

I am a new nopCommerce user, currently configuring my store, using version 4.20.
4 years ago
Not out of the box, but Shipping Director can do it by adding a "Surcharge" to rate:

String   WestCoastStates    "AZ,CO,ID,MO,NV,NM,UT,WY,AK,CA,HI,OR,WA"

Decimal  Surcharge          Items.Any(Product.HasCategory("EastCoast")) and [WestCoastStates].Contains(State) ? 10.0 : 0.00

Option   Shipping           Shipping.FixedByWeightByTotal                       [Surcharge]

(RE: "Shipping.FixedByWeightByTotal" - You can call any other shipping rate plugin that you are currently using)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.