Web service Client Application .net/VB available

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi, I am working client application for nopCommerce 1.60 with Vb.net. Do you know anybody writed/tried before?

3/6/2013
It is basic sample
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5059/web-service-client-application-netvb.aspx?p=2
13 years ago
I am finished first version :) This web service and client app. works fine. Product insert with variant and picture and category mapping is working very nice and fast,  I will  share when I finish. Here is the screenshots.
It is 10 times faster than adding product with website.

screenshot1
screenshot2
screenshot3
screenshot4
screenshot5
screenshot6

Custom nopcommerce Webservice is working with simple securitykey. it is not using nopcommerce data access layer. You have to run it as application on IIS.
Here is the web service screenshot
screenshot web service
13 years ago
I guess you are building web services only for management. It will be good to have web services for every customer activity. What do you think?
13 years ago
karayakar wrote:
I am finished first version :) This web service and client app. works fine. Product insert with variant and picture and category mapping is working very nice and fast,  I will  share when I finish. Here is the screenshots.
It is 10 times faster than adding product with website.

screenshot1
screenshot2
screenshot3
screenshot4
screenshot5
screenshot6

Custom nopcommerce Webservice is working with simple securitykey. it is not using nopcommerce data access layer. You have to run it as application on IIS.
Here is the web service screenshot
screenshot web service

It looks great !!!
Nice Work...
13 years ago
LevGe wrote:
I guess you are building web services only for management. It will be good to have web services for every customer activity. What do you think?

I think it is great idea to add customer management and activity to this web service. Site Admin don't need to be connect site for activities and management. great idea thanks :)

Also I think to add more services to push product data to ebay.com and gittigidiyor.com automatically,  it will be great functions.

time to work hard...
13 years ago
Hi,

the sceenshots look great, can you give us an insignt about the implementation?

Why and how did you skip the nopcommerce data access?

I need to upload large file as downloadable products so I am thinking to craft something similar. Some advice from someone who has beed down this road before would be much appreciated.

Best,
Liviu
13 years ago
liviunow wrote:
Hi,

the sceenshots look great, can you give us an insignt about the implementation?

Why and how did you skip the nopcommerce data access?

I need to upload large file as downloadable products so I am thinking to craft something similar. Some advice from someone who has beed down this road before would be much appreciated.

Best,
Liviu

Sure, I am testing the client app and web service,  I'll share program and webservice next week.

Web service is directly connected to SQL server database. Way to skip data acces :) It can be run on different pool. It is secure.

Client application calling the web methods in order.
I think webservice and Client app. are flexible for coder, everybody can modify.

Thanks.
13 years ago
So you skipped the nopCommerce which implements the business rules?

Is this really a web service, or is it more of a front end for changing data directly in the database? I think it is cool, but I just want to make sure that whatever data I send to add/update/delete follows the same business rules as the web UI.

Cool stuff.
13 years ago
patrick24601 wrote:
So you skipped the nopCommerce which implements the business rules?

Is this really a web service, or is it more of a front end for changing data directly in the database? I think it is cool, but I just want to make sure that whatever data I send to add/update/delete follows the same business rules as the web UI.

Cool stuff.

It is really web service, it is only for inserting product with pictures. It is following the same business rules as the web UI.
Now only missing function on related products, I am trying to understand business rule :) I am developing the new functions.
13 years ago
Cool I can't wait to see it.

The way this would typically be written in an n-tier application is that you would call the same  BL (Business Layer) that the web UI did. That is what I think the other poster was trying to indicated. I have not studied the nop code too much but I'd imagine that the Web UI does not insert products directly. It probably calls a method in a different project. The method either does the insert itself, calls a another method, or calls a Stored Proc. That is where the business rules should be (in my head when I write). You would have written your code to call that same method the web UI called.  That way whenever they changed business rules, or the database structure, or a stored proc you don't have to worry about it. Your code will probably keep on working. Your code is not and should be dependent on the database structure or stored procs.

Not trying to insult your work. But may be a different way to approach it in the future. When I create code for nop that is the way I am going to do it. I don't ever want to touch anything in  the database directly.

I am looking forward to see your application.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.