Advice needed about Large Database Management & Forum Moderators

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice of a large project we are working on. We are launching a nopCommerce 3.90 website soon that will give businesses in South Africa the opportunity to register as Vendors list their products for free (limited to 50 products each). This will eventually result in hundreds of Vendors, and thousands of products.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1) Should I save images in the database or file system?

2) We are running our own dedicated server and Have MS SQL 2014 Express installed. Can this candle a potentially large database? Or should I be looking at purchasing the Enterprise version of MS SQL?

3) Our server specs are: CPU - 3.2GHz Quad-Core Xeon; RAM - 8 GB DDR3 1333MHz; Hard Drives - 2x 1 TB Enterprise;
RAID Level - RAID 1. Would this be sufficient to handle a nopCommerce website with large catalogues, or should I plan for an upgrade?

4) We would like to set each Vendor up as a Forum Moderator, but would like to have them ONLY manage their own Forum. Is this possible at all?

I thank you in advance!
6 years ago
Just another question, can Vendors add a Gift Card product that can only be used with their own products?
6 years ago
JacoAF wrote:

4) We would like to set each Vendor up as a Forum Moderator, but would like to have them ONLY manage their own Forum. Is this possible at all?

I thank you in advance!

4) Is not available out of the box. I will require customization work. Furthermore, how would you define what forum belongs to each vendor?. Check if Word Press offers such an option and then integrate it with nopCommerce
6 years ago
JacoAF wrote:
Just another question, can Vendors add a Gift Card product that can only be used with their own products?

Not available out of the box
6 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:
Not available out of the box

Thanks Eduardo, the replies are much appreciated!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.