Help needed Changing the Vendor Admin Sidebar Menu

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi,

We launched an online shop where Vendors can register and list their products. The shop runs on nopCommerce v3.90.

www.themallsa.co.za

When our Vendors log in they see the following standard main Sidebar menu items:

1) Dashboard
2) Catalog
3) Sales
4) Help

I'm happy with the layout, except the Help menu. We would like to customize the items under Help to point to Topic pages we created for our Vendors. Some of our Vendors go to the standard nopCommerce Help documentation and are very confused when they see features they don't have in their menu.

Now for love of God, I can't seems to find the View file where you can change this :)

Can someone perhaps tell me where you edit the Sidebar Menu Items that is displayed for Vendors

Thank you
6 years ago
You can look forward to ACL permission.

http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Security/Permissions

Here you can manage sitebar as per your requirement.

Furthermore, please look at here.

If you need menu code than you can find sitemap file under admin if you use 4.0

< 4.0 then look forward under nop.Admin
6 years ago
sk5202 wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I think I found what I'm looking for when I saw that you mentioned "sitemap file". In the Administration folder there is a "stemap.config" file, and right at the bottom is the following section:

<siteMapNode SystemName="Help" nopResource="Admin.Help" IconClass="fa-question-circle">

Under this section the Items for the Admin>Help menu is listed. It seems I will be able to edit these values and add links to my own Help Topic Pages here.

It's not 100% perfect, because it changes the links in the default Admin Panel as well, but that's OK for me, since I know where to find help on nopCommerce, like these forums.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated!
6 years ago
JacoAF wrote:

You'r always welcome. !!
5 years ago
JacoAF wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I think I found what I'm looking for when I saw that you mentioned "sitemap file". In the Administration folder there is a "stemap.config" file, and right at the bottom is the following section:

<siteMapNode SystemName="Help" nopResource="Admin.Help" IconClass="fa-question-circle">

Under this section the Items for the Admin>Help menu is listed. It seems I will be able to edit these values and add links to my own Help Topic Pages here.

It's not 100% perfect, because it changes the links in the default Admin Panel as well, but that's OK for me, since I know where to find help on nopCommerce, like these forums.

Hi,

I'm using Nop 4.10. The ACL unfortunately isn't showing permission for help topic removal on Vendor dashboard. I've tried to look at this code and I'm not seeing it. Kindly can you provide the line of the code to make this change.

Thanks.
5 years ago
juanmuriango wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Nop 4.10. The ACL unfortunately isn't showing permission for help topic removal on Vendor dashboard. I've tried to look at this code and I'm not seeing it. Kindly can you provide the line of the code to make this change.

Thanks.

Got it. It's between line 102 to 106.

Just erase that line and all will be sorted.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.