Modify Search Within Tags

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello smart people,

I originally posted this request on the Nop-Templates Forum and they very kindly informed me that the Instant Search plugin was using the embedded nopCommerce search code so here I'am.

We are currently running nopCommerce 3.9 with the Instant Search plugin enabled. We have Search Descriptions disabled and Search in Product Tags enabled. Also, we have Full-Text Search enabled with "CONTAINS and AND with Prefix". All is working well with the exception search terms that are only Product Tags.

When searching using a term that is only a product tag, the system appears to be using an Exact Match only model. Which is not the case with search terms contained in Product Names.

Example:
Product Tag = Chevelle
Search Term = Chevell (Nothing is returned)

We would like Tags to be searched in the same manner as Product Names with partial matches enabled and using the same search model as selected for the Full-Text mode.

Additionally, many of our search terms are short descriptive phrases.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Lance
5 years ago
Any body have any ideas on how to modify the Product Tag Search to include partial matches?

Thanks,

Lance
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.