Adding image url to database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi everyone, I would like to specify the URL of my image for my product(s) in my Excel document instead of using the upload image feature that has been included.  So where exactly can I make the change? I've looked in the code and it seems that the "ID = DefaultImageName" but I'm not sure where to go from there.  Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Joe
13 years ago
Let me rephrase my question.  What part of the database contains the url's for each product?
13 years ago
The URL's for products are not saved in the database. nopCommerce uses a URL rewrite module that creates virtual URL's. The URL is actually being processed by the Products.aspx file.
13 years ago
deccks wrote:
The URL's for products are not saved in the database. nopCommerce uses a URL rewrite module that creates virtual URL's. The URL is actually being processed by the Products.aspx file.

I don't think url rewriting is a problem for image url's, as long as you use path relative to websites root, it's a pretty regular way of doing it.

I'd also prefer having images in a directory on my drive rather than put them all in a db. It's much easier replacing them that way without need to go to admin and upload new ones.

The main problem for me is quality of the images. They are saved in a db field in one size, and rescaled in browser to different sizes... Not really a perfect solution.
I'd like to upload a high-res image for the product and have a function that creates several images in different sizes (for list page, detail page, thumbnails, gallery images etc.) and saves them to file system instead.

It should be a setting in the system so we could configure it the  way we want to. We already have to configure all the sizes in admin anyway.

Just a thought...
13 years ago
In order to store image on file system set "Media.Images.StoreInDB" setting to false
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.