Tax is calculated on pre-discount amount

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Code for applying a discount to an order subtotal for nopCommerce 1.80:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4wzl81v7p6rv5hy/Discount_Apply_to_Order_Subtotal.zip

Alternate download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4wzl81v7p6rv5hy

Archive includes:
  -Instructions (INSTALL.txt)
  -SQL query for new Discount Type
  -modified/new files
     DiscountTypeEnum.cs, ShoppingCartManager.cs, ShoppingCartManager_Mod.cs, & TaxManager.cs
  -original unmodified files (in unmodified_original_files folder)
     DiscountTypeEnum.cs, ShoppingCartManager.cs, & TaxManager.cs
  -screenshot

INSTALL.txt includes instructions for unmodified version of 1.80 (replace existing files with new files) and for modified version of 1.80 (lists changes to make in modified files with line numbers of unmodified files -you may need to diff the files if you have changed any of the files).

13 years ago
thanks for that MB, I'll give it a thorough workout this wkd and report back if I identify any issues
13 years ago
MB - I can't download that file you linked to - tried in multiple browsers, it just hangs and never downloads. Can you use an alternative host maybe, or PM me a private link ?

thanks
13 years ago
Thanx! We will look at it later this week and see if we can find some bugs in the code :)
13 years ago
miles wrote:
MB - I can't download that file you linked to - tried in multiple browsers, it just hangs and never downloads. Can you use an alternative host maybe, or PM me a private link ?

thanks

I've added an alternate download link to my previous post. If you still can't download it, send me a PM with your email address.

13 years ago
Everybody, thanks for discussing and provided solutions. See changeset 57393. Testing and comments would be appreciated
13 years ago
Sorry to ask this.... but....
I have downloaded fixes from codeplex, however, I dont have VS2010 to compile the files.
I have VS2008.

Does anyone have this fix complied and can share?

Tax calculated on pre-discount amount is killing me...

Thank you.
12 years ago
I'm using version 1.9 and this is still a problem.
Has anyone implemented a solution for this version that they can share?
Thanks.
12 years ago
I'm using 2.3 and this is still an issue.. It is actually a pretty large issue with any client that is using discount..   Is there a 2.3 workaround or an easy fix for this?
12 years ago
pictoric wrote:
I'm using 2.3 and this is still an issue.. It is actually a pretty large issue with any client that is using discount..   Is there a 2.3 workaround or an easy fix for this?

I think I was incorrect in that assumption.. It looks like in 2.3 the discount is applied to the tax calculation though how it is shown is confusing.. Might be necessary to show the sub total (products and taxes pre discount).. I wish this was an option.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.