Tax is calculated on pre-discount amount

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I added a "subtotalwithtaxes" field to the model that is the sum of the products and the taxes.. This is only displayed if there is a discount and seems to have fixed some of the confusion people were having.  If anyone is interested I'd be happy to share it. (v2.3)
10 years ago
Hi There,

I've have the same problem on nop version 2.5

Dollar discount applied to Order Total.  The GST total is based on the Products original price.

Has this been fixed on the latest version.
5 years ago
I'm on version 4.0 and the problem is still in place, the tax is calculated pre-discount.
5 years ago
RobbyB wrote:
I'm on version 4.0 and the problem is still in place, the tax is calculated pre-discount.

My bad! I just realized that there is a Discount Type in the Discount table: simply set it to "Assigned to order subtotal" and all is good. :)

Sorry to revive this 6 year old post...
2 years ago
If we choose " Assigned to subtotal" discount type this will still not include the discount in the Shipping fee for example.

How can this still be a problem in a product of this dimention ?

It's basic funcitonality to have a discount that should apply to products and shipping and it should be applied BEFORE adding tax.

Does anyone know a solution for this?  (Version 4.00)
1 year ago
I'm on version 4.5 and the problem is still in place, the tax is calculated pre-discount.

anyone know a solution for this?
1 year ago
This is kind of unbelievable ...this creates loads of accounting issues
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.