Adding a new controller - nuget issues?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I downloaded nopCommerce to evaluate for a client project. I'm running Visual Studio 2017 15.7.4.

I'm a very experienced WebForms developer but new to MVC. So I'm working through tutorials to familiarize myself with NOP.

So I'm using this tutorial to figure out how to add a new page.

http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/Steps-to-add-a-new-custom-page-in-nopCommerce-3-1-MVC-Version

I go to add a new controller using the "MVC Controller - Empty" option in the Add Scaffold dialog box. I then provide a new name for the controller - "TestController".

Visual Studio then shows a progress dialog box that reads

Scaffolding... Installing NuGetPackages. This make take a few moments. Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.BrowserLink.

This goes away and then another dialog pops up -

There was an error running the selected code generator: "Package restore failed. Rolling back package changes for 'Nop.Web'.

What does this mean?

I can compile and run NOP on my local machine. But clearly something else is going on if I can't add a new controller/page to the solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-- Bryan
5 years ago
I am having the same issue when creating a new controller.

There was an error running the selected code generator: "Package restore failed. Rolling back package changes for 'Nop.Web'.

Were you able to find the solution? If so, please share it. I am also looking for a way to solve this.

Btw i am usin VS 2017
5 years ago
Hi! i have a solution...

You need to go to:

(Sorry i have it in spanish, but im sure you find a way to get there)

Next...

Make sure you select version 2.0.0!!!!

And there you have it...

Hope this solves your problem as it solved mine

Sorry if my english isnt good
5 years ago
Thanks DIEG15. This is exactly what my issue was. Sorted!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.