Error when upgrading production site from 3.90 to 4.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hi, I followed the upgrade instructions (mostly):

1. Backup the db
2. Run the db upgrade script
3. (Varied from instructions but I assumed should not change the expected results) In a clean and new 4.0 development project, added the settings.txt and installedplugins.txt from my 3.90 project
4. Run the project

I'm getting the following errors:

Invalid column name 'OverrideTaxDisplayType'. Invalid column name 'DefaultTaxDisplayTypeId'.

I supposed it's because a Tax plugin or something like this.

Any advice ?

Thanks a lot.
5 years ago
Hi,

You did a mistake in step 3 as well. Please follow upgrade instructions carefully mentioned on nopCommerce docs.

Upgrade is 4.00 is little bit different from what we used to do in earlier versions.

Thank you,
Atul
5 years ago
OK, I'll check that.

Are we talking about the same upgrade instructions?

Steps:
1. Backup your existing database
2. Execute upgrade.sql script over your database
3. Remove all files from the previous version except App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt
4. Upload new site files
5. Copy back App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files
6. Ensure that everything is OK

Notes:
1. If you stored your pictures on the file system, then also backup them (\Content\Images\) and copy back after upgrade.

Thanks a lot!
5 years ago
Hi,

I think nopCommerce team forgot to write proper upgrade instructions here because things are different in nopCommerce 4.00 and it has been many months since it was released.

Let me tell you difference with these two files:

1. In earlier versions we had "Settings.txt" file to store connection string value but in nopCommerce 4.00 we have "dataSettings.json" for this job

2. In earlier versions we had "InstalledPlugins.txt" file to store list of installed plugins in nopCommerce but in nopCommerce 4.00 we have "installedPlugins.json" file for this job

I hope, now you will be able to figure out where you are missing.

Thank you,
Atul
5 years ago
OK, I'll check what you are sending now.
Thanks a lot.
5 years ago
In case anyone else gets the exact same error... for me I copied and pasted the 3.9 database connection string into the 4.0 dataSettings.json, but I didn't change it to point to the upgraded database. I was still pointing at 3.9 db, which didn't have those fields in the CustomerRole table.
3 years ago
You should update the fieldname 'OverrIdeTaxDisplayType' to 'OverrideTaxDisplayType' in CustomerRole table. It is case sensitive.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.