Search on manufacturer name returns nothing?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
When I enter manufacturers name in search box I get no results, even tho I have many products by that manufacturer in the shop.
Can this really be by design? Many people search that way and it's weird that it doesn't return a list with all products by that manufacturer, and manufacturer detail page, at least.

Is there some SQL hack available to fix this?
What is the logic behind this?
5 years ago
Hello Damir,

I think same post available here

Hope it will solve your problem

Thanks,
Jatin
5 years ago
Hi,
Thanks for the answer, but why is it not like this by default? What's the point of having it without manufacturers and categories to begin with? Performance issue?
Someone must have decided to have it this way...

Is there an issue we can vote on for future builds, or we really need to do this hack in stored procedure every time?

I know that many people search this way, so at least there could be a setting for that, checkbox with something like "search for manufacturer/brand name too"
5 years ago
compito wrote:
Thanks for the answer, but why is it not like this by default?

That is question for nopCommerce team, but if I will have to guess, that is because of past design and no one report it to implement.

compito wrote:
Is there an issue we can vote on for future builds, or we really need to do this hack in stored procedure every time?

Try with GitHub Issues. If no such an item, just create suggestion at the board.

Regards,
Tom
5 years ago
Tom is right
5 years ago
nop4you wrote:

Try with GitHub Issues. If no such an item, just create suggestion at the board.

Ok, I'll try creating an issue with this... Haven't find anything related.
5 years ago
So, there's an issue for this now, if anyone cares...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.