How to use PAngV

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I hope thats not offtopic, but i found no better section to place that information.
It is not easy to understand how to handle the option "PAngV" so here is a document, which could help.

The Basics
In NopCommerce the PAngV, which I also refer to as the base price, has been used for some versions. The law itself also regulates other things such as the indication of value added tax and others. More on that later.

The base price is the price that refers to one liter, one meter, one kilogram or one square meter.

Not every product has to indicate the package price and the base price. Part of what already forms a unit as a whole, such as a car, is only shown with a product price. However, if the package contains 500 grams of sugar, the base price must also be indicated as one kilogram.

NopCommerce solves the problem in such a way that you can fill in additional fields by specifying a checkbox so that the base price is determined automatically. However, the prerequisite for this is the prior declaration of the necessary conversion units. You will find the point for entering the conversion units under "Configuration > Shipping > Dimensions". There then in the section 'Weight'.

Enter all necessary units under'Weight', i.e. meters, centimeters, millimeters, milliliters, liters, etc. Since NopCommerce normally only stores weights here, the "Mark as main weight" button must not be used in this context. Unfortunately, the base price calculation takes your information from exactly this section, so that we indicate all our other units here.

The PAngV regulation says that we have to convert to liters, kilograms etc.. In other words, you always enter a "1" for "ratio to main weight".

If you have products in packs of milliliters, you also create a unit "ml" there, and then enter "1000" for "ratio to main weight". Proceed in the same way with the other units.

After completing the preparatory work, you return to entering the product data.

If you tick the field "PAngV", there are other fields that must be filled in.
For example, in the "Amount in product" field, enter 250 for example, then select the milliliters in the "Product unit" field and always enter the "1" in the "Reference unit" field and always the "liters" in the "Reference unit" field for liquids.

It is a little confusing why these things run under weight and why you have to enter the reference value here again.
I see potential for improvement here at NopCommer. First, the units of measurement should be generalized and there should be sets of units that have their own reference unit. The menu item in the configuration does not necessarily fit under "Shipping".

Now I would like to close the circle, I wrote at the beginning that the regulation also deals with other things. For example, the price including VAT must be specified and this must also be shown. The other things can be found in the following text of the regulation.

The law
The legal regulation for the indication of the unit price is complex and is regulated in Germany by the "Price Levy Ordinance" (PAngV).
The law covers many things related to prices and consists of 11 paragraphs and an appendix.

The original text of the law can be found at: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/pangv/.

The translation
Since the description is in German and who doesn't know the language, I can recommend the online translation of DeepL at http://www.deepl.com In my opinion, she works best from the current machine translators.
5 years ago
Thank you for the helpful and detailed guide on unit pricing

Just one thought I'd like to add, from our conversation and your guide it is suggested that this concerns only shops selling in Germany.

But a similar law is in effect in most countries (having enough lawyers in the population :-)

I can quoute the law from two additional EU countries I had experience recenlty.

United Kingdom: "...The Price Marking Order 2004 requires traders to display the selling price of goods to you and includes sales by electronic means...  trader must show the unit price. In general, a trader must show the unit price in sterling (the price for a kilogram, a litre, a metre, a square metre or a cubic metre) of goods sold from bulk. ...   the unit price must be displayed for prepacked goods marked with a quantity or made up in a prescribed quantity. The unit price is usually shown as the price per kilogram (or litre) or 100 gram (or millilitres)."

Hungary.  Similar to the German law  (i spare you quoting it in original)

So I think the same or a similar regulation is in effect in every or at least most EU countries, (I have sees such price markings in the USA also, so I can imagine a similar law is in effect in some US states at least)

The main difference is however in the consequences. Germans could deform their legal system and practice where everyone is your enemy (i relent here naming of what it resembles me from the WWII era), in most other countries it is only the authorities who are enforcing this (with much less enthusiasm and danger)
5 years ago
USA ..Currently, nineteen (19) states and two (2) territories have unit pricing laws or regulations in force. Eleven (11) of these have mandatory unit pricing provisions. They are: Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont and the Virgin Islands.
5 years ago
Ups, i thought is is only a special german pain...

Now it's really time we took more care of the laws in this forum.
eCommerce is cross-border, and I think we need two new areas for our platform:

1. laws and rules and how to map them with NopCommerce
2. a discussion about it

One must have the hat on and the right to bring together the extract of the discussion in section "1" and we all discuss and give examples. Of course with references to the laws, the interpretations and the judgments.

The consolidation under "1" can never be legally binding, of course, but the rules to the best of our knowledge and belief. Ultimately, everyone has to take responsibility for themselves in order to survive in the jungle of lawyers. But it will certainly be a very good help for all who use this platform.
5 years ago
giving legal advice not being a lawyer (in Germany add to it: and not asking the a price regulated in Rechtsanwaltsvergütungsgesetz RVG) is also an offence. So we should be careful with it, though I don't know where this forum is hosted, lets hope in Russia :-)
5 years ago
I just googled something and found an article at "Am..." consisting of 5 identical batteries. It is blistered and no base price is given.

If you think of the 3 pairs of socks you had in the thread https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/54034/feature-request-show-price-per-physical-unit-for-all-products-in-a-category-make-this-mandatory.aspx, the question is whether you can skip this basic price for a blister - at least in Germany.

The product can be found on their site under "Varta Batterien Professional (CR 2032, Lithium Knopfzellen, 5er Pack)".
5 years ago
If the batteries are identical it is clearly a foul. The law allows only for Sets of different items to not show the unit price, it makes no sense then. (you see how Germany is a land of opportunity for a lawyer with just a little search, you have just found a ~2000 EUR pay check from Am.. :-)  and there are many more.

The problem with a not 100% clear case in your favor, that for making any plea (objection) the law requires you to hire a lawyer (whose fee is the very same that you should pay the enemy lawyer, it is due to the RVG Gesetz)
..so you can easily end up paying twice plus the court's expenses if you lose which is very likely with a court headed by a friend-of-a-lawyer, former lawyer or a will-be lawyer.

Btw. The socks in the 3-pack were not identical, they were of different colors.  Who could tell me for sure if the law applies to it or not ?  One court would decide in my favor the other not.  It is not for a small company to take risks.   So since then I urge everybody to include unit price also for items not belonging to this regulation. like the price of anaconda per meter in a pet shop.  They can't fine you for overobeying.
5 years ago
I have started to prepare the article "PAngV" again and illustrate it with some pictures. I would also like to improve it there if further information is available:

In English
https://www.eulanda.eu/en/nopcommerce-interrelationships-price-information-regulation-pangv

In German
https://www.eulanda.eu/de/nopcommerce-zusammenhaenge-preisangabenverordnung-pangv

Any help is welcome, post it here, I will integrate it when the information is confirmed.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.