nopCommerce 4.10 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello Andrei,

Thanks for your quick reply!

1. Thanks!

2. This happens only in Azure.

3. Yes, it is very strange. The HTML doesn't contain any links to CSS files. No errors at all just the site looks broken without any CSS. This happens only in Azure although Boyko told me that he had the same issue when running in a docker container.

Regards,
Anton
5 years ago
Hi,
After installation on "docker" you need restart application. IIS restart works after touch file Web.Config. NGINX you need to restart manually.

Regards
Krzysztof
5 years ago
I deployed it to SmarterASP.net with no issues (http://www.voogu.net). However, I am noticing load times of up to 30 seconds for the first time clicking on the jewelry sample page. A second click to the same page is 1.18 seconds due to the local caching. A control-click-reload of the page is 51 seconds. Then a click on jewelry menu is 1.05 seconds.

My first time using/seeing nopCommerce, am I right in my assumptions here?

SmarterASP server performance may be slow. Or is this what is expected from nopCommerce 4.10?

Just wanted to know so I can migrate to a higher level of performance or not.

Thanks for the input everyone.
5 years ago
nop4you wrote:
Hi,
After installation on "docker" you need restart application. IIS restart works after touch file Web.Config. NGINX you need to restart manually.

Regards
Krzysztof

Hi Krzysztof,

Thank you for your suggestion!

I actually used a Windows docker container and I don't think that NGINX is used on the image I am using i.e  microsoft/dotnet:2.1-aspnetcore-runtime-nanoserver-1709.

But I think that you are right that the problem is related to not properly restarting of the application.
Even after clicking on the "Restart Application" in the administration it still didn't work for me (the css were still not included). So obviously the "Restart Application" is not really restarting the application.

Maybe the code that restarts the application should be improved a little bit to handle the case when you are running in Azure or Docker container.

Unfortunately this causes issues when you import new plugins from the administration as they are not picked up
after that and even though they seem to be uploaded properly the store owner is not able to install them as they are not visible in the administration.
The same applies when you install a new plugin (as it triggers a restart after the installation).

Currently I need to stop and then start the container again to resolve these issues but on Azure I think it will be a bit more complicated.

Thanks,
Boyko
5 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

3. Yes, it is very strange. The HTML doesn't contain any links to CSS files. No errors at all just the site looks broken without any CSS. This happens only in Azure although Boyko told me that he had the same issue when running in a docker container.

Just to add that the CSS is missing only on the public site because when I login and access the administration the css of the administration is loaded properly but if I go back to the public area the styling is missing :)

Very strange really!

Thanks,
Boyko
5 years ago
It is a good idea to transfer (change) to ASP .NET Core 2.1.
But I wonder how I can install new plugin manually.
5 years ago
In my local, Nop 4.1 page loading is longer than 4.0. Idk if it is just me but looks like performance on page loading got worse.
5 years ago
Hello

Can someone confirm that MS SQL can be interchanged with another DB-engine in this .NET Core release?

Cheers
Janus
5 years ago
janus007 wrote:
Hello

Can someone confirm that MS SQL can be interchanged with another DB-engine in this .NET Core release?

Cheers
Janus

Hi,

No this is not possible in this release.

Thank you,
Atul
5 years ago
Is anyone try to publish this version to google cloud app engine ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.