Amazon SES configuration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Has anyone been able to get Amazon simple email service to work?

Did it require altering the mail sending code? Need help please.
5 years ago
I've even taken to altering the code in nop.services.messages.emailsender to match what SES has on their samples. Still no dice.
5 years ago
Just use the SMTP option and configure like you would for any SMTP service.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/send-email-smtp.html

5 years ago
Have you actually used SES and gotten to work with nopcommerce?

I'm quite well versed in using SES when integrating it with my custom applications. Here's what I get when I configure. I've double and triple checked that the user/pass is correct. I've seen on other posts in this forum others have had problems getting this to work, most of those threads go unanswered it seems.

5 years ago
I've found a work around. This is on a VPS so I installed the windows smtp server and was able to get it to work by setting up the SES as a smarthost.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/send-email-windows-server.html

I would still be interested to find out if anyone has gotten the SES smtp settings to work in nopcommerce.
3 years ago
Worked for me. I had to use port 587 (this was the only port that worked for me).
Also, I used the credentials created on-fly on the SES SMTP settings page.
Leave SSL and "Use default credentials" unchecked..

Also, this is more to do with SES itself, but basically, in SES, you can only send emails to the domains or emails you own (verified on Domains and Emails Addresses pages) initially. Then when you are ready to go live, you will have to ask for lifting the restriction from the "Sending Statistics" page by clicking "Request a Sending Limit Increase", then when it's approved by AWS, you will be able to send emails to other domains.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.