Noob question: starting development

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hi,

A noob question for you all....

I want to start to develop a plugin and I was wondering do you need to use and set up the source code or can you develop a plugin from the 'no-source' version?

If you can develop with the 'no-source' version how do you go about this, how do you reference the dll needed to create a plugin?

I have also found NopCommerceTemplate2017 ( https://github.com/manojkulkarni30/nopCommercePluginTemplate2017 ) on Github, is this a starting point for developing for NopCommerce 4.0.0 and the no-source version?

Thank in advanced,
Geoff.
5 years ago
You can do that just like any other .NET project. Find nopCommerce dlls in the no-source version and reference them directly.

However I would highly recommend to use the source code version because of maintaining the same dependency versions of the third party libraries being referenced by nopCommerce. Otherwise there may be dependency version conflicts and they are really hard to debug.

Also, code debugging will be much easier with source code version.

You should really have some strong reason to use no-source code version.

Regards,
Anshul
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.