Nopcommerce 4.20

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
a.m. wrote:
ETA for 4.20 is the middle of April
UPDATE:
ETA for BETA 4.20 is the end of April
ETA for 4.20 is the middle of May

Great news!! Thanks.
5 years ago
a.m. wrote:
UPDATE:

Good News :D It is too much late but hope for the best. Thanks.
4 years ago
middle of april.. which year? :)
you killed us.. i cant wait :)
4 years ago
ChuckR wrote:
UPDATE:

Thanks Andrei,

That's good news!  Were really looking forward to being able to cut SQL Azure Data Services cost and begin leveraging MYSQL over MSSQL for some clients.  nopCommerce has typically needed a min S2 or S3 package (100 DTU) for some of our sites - which runs the price to $150 / database/ month.  I noticed MYSQL is still a pending item on 4.2 so was hoping it wouldn't get dropped to hit the original date release. Were planning some costs cutting around that feature alone.
So far, 4.2 looks very good!

Hi Andrei,

I just noticed that the MySQL workitem was just dropped from 4.2 just as your about to release - and now it has a 4.3 tag.  Is this accurate? Are you cancelling MySQL support for 4.2?
4 years ago
ChuckR wrote:
I just noticed that the MySQL workitem was just dropped from 4.2 just as your about to release - and now it has a 4.3 tag.  Is this accurate? Are you cancelling MySQL support for 4.2?

Hi Chuck,

Unfortunately, that's right. We've started working on this task and it was finished for PostgreSQL (MySQL could be implement almost the same way). Here is the branch. But we don't like source code quality. That's why we've decided to postpone and refactor it first. Maybe, we'll implement it a new branch for 4.20 later so our community can use it
4 years ago
Hello all,

Though I am software developer I am completely new to nopCommerce.

I want to use nopCommerce for my ecommerce website.

So, should I use 4.20 which is under development, or stick with 4.10?
What’s new in 4.20?

Or should I start using 4.20 and update it as get updates from development version from GitHub?
Which way to proceed please reply.
4 years ago
At this topic already answered about similar question.

Regards,
Tom
4 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Chuck,

Unfortunately, that's right. We've started working on this task and it was finished for PostgreSQL (MySQL could be implement almost the same way). Here is the branch. But we don't like source code quality. That's why we've decided to postpone and refactor it first. Maybe, we'll implement it a new branch for 4.20 later so our community can use it

Thanks Andrei,

A separate branch would be great or having it as one of the very first changesets in 4.3 Dev branch so it can be easily back-ported to 4.2 without breaking 4.2 plugins would be a huge win.
As always, we appreciate your hard work, and looking forward to 4.2 release.

thx
4 years ago
Hello,
Can anybody highlight 4.20 features over 4.10.
If are there noticeable changes in 4.20, then I shall prefer to wait for 4.20.

Please reply
4 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Chuck,

So would PostgreSQL be a viable option to use with version 4.2?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.