nopCommerce 4.10 on shared hosting services

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I've been hosting ASP apps and nopCommerce 3.9 on MochaHost shared hosting service for a long while, Something went wrong on the nopCommerce site and it crashed and I couldn't get it back up - fortunately not a mission critical site. I thought I'd install nopCommerce 4.10. I got the MVC .Net Core 2.0 No Managed code, setup as per the knowledge base article on their support site (server admins had to do this for me). I FTP'd all the files onto the domain root. IIS Remote Manager shows this root is an Application.  

The page gives the following error when trying to run the install first time "\\?\e:\HostingSpaces\richardh\website.biz\wwwroot\web.config" 500.19 internal server error.

The installation won't run.

MochaHost say they don't support nopCommerce on their shared hosting plans (yet they installed v3.9 for me a few months back), I'll have to use VPN or dedicated server. I'm wondering what's so different from v3.9 / v4.0 and in particular v4.10 that many shared hosting providers won't support v4.10?
5 years ago
As of 4.00, nopCommerce uses ASP.NET Core
5 years ago
oldwizard wrote:
I'm wondering what's so different from v3.9 / v4.0 and in particular v4.10 that many shared hosting providers won't support v4.10?

A2Hosting supports the latest nopCommerce v4.10 (which uses ASP.NET Core): https://www.a2hosting.com/nopcommerce-hosting
5 years ago
SmarterASP.net also supports .NET Core.  I have a few clients that use them.  Also, they offer a 60 day free trial (you don't even have to give them a credit card to start), and they have a  one click installer for nopCommerce.
You can set up a test system in about 10 minutes.  (They will provide a temporary URL)
5 years ago
I used the mochahost, too.

However, it was an error when updating to Nopcommerce 4.10, I asked for support, but could not be resolved.

Currently, I switch to a2hosting and use 4.10.
5 years ago
What error were you getting, can you remember?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.