Location of saved Youtube videos links

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hi,

I have links of Youtube videos saved in Nopcommerce 4.0 (visible on my website) and I would like to find out where they are saved in the sql database? I have been trying to find the table name but I can't seem to find it. Please help.
5 years ago
filtershopsa wrote:
Hi,

I have links of Youtube videos saved in Nopcommerce 4.0 (visible on my website) and I would like to find out where they are saved in the sql database? I have been trying to find the table name but I can't seem to find it. Please help.

from where you try to save a youtube video link?
5 years ago
filtershopsa wrote:
Hi,

from where you try to save a youtube video link?
5 years ago
The Youtube video links are already saved on the nopcommerce website. I inserted them in the full description text box when editing the product page in admin.
5 years ago
Hello,

If you are add link on full description then it will be saved on Product Table's FullDescription field.

Link...

<p><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBLDx3uns1k">Test Video</a></p>

when you are add video link on full description reach textbox, set target New Window then it will open on new window.
5 years ago
Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your help.

I found the table and now I would like to edit the iframe properties (<iframe width="" height=""></iframe>) of all the video links saved in the Product Table's FullDescription field. I want all my Youtube videos to display with a certain width and height on the website. I was thinking if I could run an sql script to change the iframe properties of all the video links? How can I do this?
5 years ago
filtershopsa wrote:
Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your help.

I found the table and now I would like to edit the iframe properties (<iframe width="" height=""></iframe>) of all the video links saved in the Product Table's FullDescription field. I want all my Youtube videos to display with a certain width and height on the website. I was thinking if I could run an sql script to change the iframe properties of all the video links? How can I do this?

When you go in the description area (from administration), click on HTML source code view and you should be able to change iframe properties of your video.
5 years ago
Hi A2Hosting_Liaison,

Thank you for your reply.

I am able to change the iframe properties of the videos through admin but I can only do this for one video at a time. My aim is to change the iframe properties off all the videos on the website since I have a lot. Is there a way  I can do this through admin to save me time?

If not, then is there another way I can?
I was thinking I could run an sql code on the database to make changes at once but I am novice when it comes to sql and I would appreciate it if you can provide me with the sql code to change the iframe properties for all the videos.
5 years ago
Hi filtershopsa

Since the videos are part very specific part of your business content on product pages, it is outside the scope of nopCommerce functionality when it comes to changing video / iframe properties.

Yes - Creating a custom sql script is a great solution (i was going to suggest this to you anyway). You can create a sql query to find and replace content in your database (in your case description).
5 years ago
Here is one example just to show you and find and replace works in sql:

Create a TEST DATABASE.

Run this query to create a TEST TABLE on your TEST DATABASE:

CREATE TABLE tblkit_test
(Col1_Id varchar(3), Col2_Number varchar(6))
;

Run this query to add test data to your TEST TABLE:

INSERT INTO tblkit_test
  (Col1_Id, Col2_Number)
VALUES

('1', 'KIT001'),
  ('2', 'KIT002'),
  ('3', 'DMB001'),
  ('4', 'DM002'),
  ('5', 'KIT003')
;

Run this query to find values with 'KIT' and replace it with 'CH':

UPDATE tblkit_test
SET Col2_Number = REPLACE(Col2_Number, 'KIT', 'CH');
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.