Can't Upgrade from 1.4 to 1.7 Anyone can assist

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi Everyone,

I have been using version 1.4 and now trying to upgrade to 1.7.
During installation... I choose upgrade and then at the stage where I enter my existing database I enter the database name and click next... I get this error at step 3 - Database

Setup log:
An error occured: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ShortDescription', table 'albert_store.dbo.Nop_Product'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails.
The statement has been terminated.
Running scripts from file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce_1.70_Source\NopCommerceStore\install\Scripts\1.60\nopCommerce_upgrade.sql

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thank you.
13 years ago
Run sql select statement to check if you have product with null ShortDescription
13 years ago
I checked and the field allows nulls - the box for nulls is checked.
13 years ago
make sure you backup your database first

you will need to run the 1.5 upgrade script over your 1.4 database
then
run 1.6 upgrade script over your database etc
13 years ago
Sorry if this is redundant, I'm going from 1.6 to 1.8. What I need to do is run the 1.6 to 1.7 script and the run the 1.7 to 1.8 scripts the go ahead and install the application and choice upgrade? Then go ahead and transfer over all my changes?
13 years ago
@msherburne

yes, thats it
7 years ago
Anyone know where I can find the db upgrade scripts for 1.4 to 1.9 ??  I don't see them on github.
7 years ago
Sorry, that was a dumb question... but to confirm I found stepwise scripts from 1.50 to 1.70 in the 1.70_Source download (NopCommerceStore\Install\Scripts).  I see there's a nopCommerce_createData.sql and nopCommerce_createSampleData.sql, I don't need to do anything with those for an upgrade correct?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.