Theme Design, changing designed by text in the footer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello

I have been designing a new theme for my website, but i am having a big problem finding where to edit the text designed by that is found in the footer between the copyright text and the powered by nopCommerce text.
Please does anyone have an idea where i can find the text to change this, I have tried searching for this in the language strings in the admin but did not find anything, i then tried the default.cshtml but again i could not find anythings saying designed by.

Any help would be amazing.
Thank you
5 years ago
Flatdog wrote:
Hello

I have been designing a new theme for my website, but i am having a big problem finding where to edit the text designed by that is found in the footer between the copyright text and the powered by nopCommerce text.
Please does anyone have an idea where i can find the text to change this, I have tried searching for this in the language strings in the admin but did not find anything, i then tried the default.cshtml but again i could not find anythings saying designed by.

Any help would be amazing.
Thank you

Please note that it's copyright information, without purchasing the copyright removal key you are not allowed to delete it. Please remember that it should be clearly visible, with contrasting colors.

If you want to change the colors, you need to edit the style.css file. It's "footer-powered-by" class in css.

Best,
Patryk
5 years ago
Hello I am not trying to change the copyright text i am trying to change the designed by text.
I already know how to change the style of the theme with the style css, but it is going to look weird the site styled by me but saying that it was designed by someone else.
5 years ago
Hello and thank you,
an added note, i do not want to delete anything, i only want to change the text to say that the theme was designed by me and not someone else as i will be redoing all the css.
Thank you.
5 years ago
Flatdog wrote:
Hello I am not trying to change the copyright text i am trying to change the designed by text.
I already know how to change the style of the theme with the style css, but it is going to look weird the site styled by me but saying that it was designed by someone else.

Sorry, I missed part with powered by nopCommerce text. So you are using theme designed by someone else. Out of the box, nopCommerce doesn't have the "Designed by" text. If it's allowed, you should contact the theme vendor.

Best,
Patryk
5 years ago
Ok Thank you very much for all your help
5 years ago
Flatdog wrote:
Hello and thank you,
an added note, i do not want to delete anything, i only want to change the text to say that the theme was designed by me and not someone else as i will be redoing all the css.
Thank you.

Hi.
I realize what you need/want ... and anyway, you can add your own text something like ... ''site was created by MYself '' :)
Best Regards.
5 years ago
Hello Thank you
I would love to change the text but i can not find it to change it.
I have searched the .cshtml files including the default.cs.html where the © and powered by nopCommerce are written, but it is not there.
So i have no idea were to find the text Designed by nopSquare, i have searched for it to no avail, I have sent an email to nopSquare hopefully they can tell me where the text is so that i can change it.

Thank you
5 years ago
Flatdog wrote:
Hello Thank you
I would love to change the text but i can not find it to change it.
I have searched the .cshtml files including the default.cs.html where the © and powered by nopCommerce are written, but it is not there.
So i have no idea were to find the text Designed by nopSquare, i have searched for it to no avail, I have sent an email to nopSquare hopefully they can tell me where the text is so that i can change it.

Thank you

What's your ver. of the nopcommerce?
5 years ago
My version is 4.10 according to the documentation it should be in the default.cshtml file where the copyright text and the powered by nopCommerce text is, i have read every line in the file and i can not find a mention of Designed by nopSquare, but then i am dislexic so it is possible for me to read it 500 times and not see it, but even when i try to search for designed by or nopSquare nothing shows up.
It is a bit confusing as to where the text actually is for that as it is custom text added by the theme builder, but i have no idea in what file it has been included, but it is not in the default.cshtml file at least not that i can find, but i will read through it a few more times just in case.

Thank you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.