4.0 to 4.1 upgrade - strange ASP.NET Core errors in log of 4.0 production site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I'm upgrading my 4.0 development site to 4.1.
I installed the .NET Core 2.2.1 Windows Hosting Package and 2.1 Core 2 runtime on my server.

Today, I noticed on my 4.0 production site (on the same server), that my daily order volume dropped by 50% or more and I'm having many new errors in the log related to ASP.NET Core

This one occurs (occasionally) from the shopping cart page:

Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.BadHttpRequestException: Request timed out.
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.System.IO.Pipelines.PipeCompletion.ThrowFailed()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetResult(ReadResult& result)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.System.IO.Pipelines.IReadableBufferAwaiter.GetResult()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.MessageBody.<ReadAsync>d__22.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.FrameRequestStream.<ReadAsyncInternal>d__21.MoveNext()

Same with this one:

Error -4077 ECONNRESET connection reset by peer
Full message  
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Transport.Abstractions.Internal.ConnectionResetException: Error -4077 ECONNRESET connection reset by peer ---> Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Transport.Libuv.Internal.Networking.UvException: Error -4077 ECONNRESET connection reset by peer
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.System.IO.Pipelines.PipeCompletion.ThrowFailed()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetResult(ReadResult& result)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.System.IO.Pipelines.IReadableBufferAwaiter.GetResult()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.MessageBody.<ReadAsync>d__22.MoveNext()

This error occurs frequently from pages that seems to load just fine every time I try them:

System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Examples:
https://www.myfootshop.com/plantar-fasciitis
https://www.myfootshop.com/reusable-gel-dancers-pads

Any idea what the problem is??

Thanks!
5 years ago
More information:

My database is on my other dedicated server, and it does not have Core 2 installed.
Could that be the issue?
5 years ago
We have same problem:

Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.BadHttpRequestException: Request timed out.
   v Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.MessageBody.<ReadAsync>d__22.MoveNext()
5 years ago
Any updates regarding this issue?
5 years ago
ahmadkq wrote:

It turned out that when I upgraded my site, I didn't delete some of the files from 4.0 and they were causing problems when the site compiled at runtime.
I compared the files in my site with a new 4.1 installations and removed all the old files and it stopped the errors.
5 years ago
embryo wrote:

It turned out that when I upgraded my site, I didn't delete some of the files from 4.0 and they were causing problems when the site compiled at runtime.
I compared the files in my site with a new 4.1 installations and removed all the old files and it stopped the errors.

Hi,

I am happy that you get rid of this. Would you please give me an example of files that you deleted?
5 years ago
Honestly, no...I can't remember.
But, if you download a fresh installation package for 4.1 and open the archive, you can compare it with your website files in side by side windows...that's how I did it.

But, if you haven't already starting merging your customizations into the new site, it would be quicker and easier for you to just delete all the files in your site and upload from the fresh installation archive (except the App_Data/dataSettings.json and any images that you already uploaded)
5 years ago
Try to use nop 4.10 fix with EF Core 2.10 bug.

http://foxnetsoft.com/content/files/Nop.Web.Framework.dll.zip
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.