Bug Relating to Overlapping Application Pool Recycling in IIS and Nopcommerce 4.1 UsePluginShadowCopy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
        private static Assembly PerformFileDeploy(string plug, ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config, string shadowCopyPath = "")
        {
            var parent = string.IsNullOrEmpty(plug) ? string.Empty : _fileProvider.GetParentDirectory(plug);

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(parent))
                throw new InvalidOperationException($"The plugin directory for the {_fileProvider.GetFileName(plug)} file exists in a folder outside of the allowed nopCommerce folder hierarchy");

if (!config.UsePluginsShadowCopy)
            //                return RegisterPluginDefinition(config, applicationPartManager, plug);
            //nop team fix
            {
                var assembly = RegisterPluginDefinition(config, applicationPartManager, plug);
                // delete the .deps file
                if (plug.EndsWith(".dll"))
                {
                    _fileProvider.DeleteFile(plug.Substring(0, plug.Length - 4) + ".deps.json");
                }

return assembly;
            }
            //end nop team fix

//in order to avoid possible issues we still copy libraries into ~/Plugins/bin/ directory
            if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(shadowCopyPath))
                shadowCopyPath = _shadowCopyFolder;

_fileProvider.CreateDirectory(shadowCopyPath);
            var shadowCopiedPlug = ShadowCopyFile(plug, shadowCopyPath);

Assembly shadowCopiedAssembly = null;

try
            {
                shadowCopiedAssembly = RegisterPluginDefinition(config, applicationPartManager, shadowCopiedPlug);
            }
            //nop team fix
            catch (UnauthorizedAccessException)
            {
                /*var fileProvider = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<INopFileProvider>();
                //suppress exceptions for "locked" assemblies, try load them from another directory
                if (!config.CopyLockedPluginAssembilesToSubdirectoriesOnStartup ||
                    !shadowCopyPath.Equals(fileProvider.MapPath(NopPluginDefaults.ShadowCopyPath)))
                {
                    throw;
                }*/

if (!config.CopyLockedPluginAssembilesToSubdirectoriesOnStartup || !shadowCopyPath.Equals(_shadowCopyFolder))
                    throw;
            }
            //end nop team fix
            catch (FileLoadException)
            {
                if (!config.CopyLockedPluginAssembilesToSubdirectoriesOnStartup || !shadowCopyPath.Equals(_shadowCopyFolder))
                    throw;
            }

return shadowCopiedAssembly ?? PerformFileDeploy(plug, applicationPartManager, config, _reserveShadowCopyFolder);
        }
5 years ago
to alldogsoffroad

I try to find solution with this Azure problem. I don't want to bother nop team now.
I did new release today.
http://foxnetsoft.com/content/files/Nop.Core.dll.zip
Can you try to check it on your test store with default nopcommerce settings.

Copy back default values and try this DLL.

//Enable if you want to clear /Plugins/bin directory on application startup
    "ClearPluginShadowDirectoryOnStartup": true,
    //Enable if you want to copy "locked" assemblies from /Plugins/bin directory to temporary subdirectories on application startup
    "CopyLockedPluginAssembilesToSubdirectoriesOnStartup": false,
    //Enable if you want to copy plugins library to the /Plugins/bin directory on application startup
    "UsePluginsShadowCopy": true,
    //Enable if you want to load an assembly into the load-from context, by passing some security checks
    "UseUnsafeLoadAssembly": true,

Thank you for your report.
5 years ago
@Foxnetsoft, isn't the idea to disable plugin shadowcopy?  In your appsettings.json note, you have usepluginsshadowcopy set to true.  Should this be set to false?

foxnetsoft wrote:
to alldogsoffroad

I try to find solution with this Azure problem. I don't want to bother nop team now.
I did new release today.
http://foxnetsoft.com/content/files/Nop.Core.dll.zip
Can you try to check it on your test store with default nopcommerce settings.

Copy back default values and try this DLL.

//Enable if you want to clear /Plugins/bin directory on application startup
    "ClearPluginShadowDirectoryOnStartup": true,
    //Enable if you want to copy "locked" assemblies from /Plugins/bin directory to temporary subdirectories on application startup
    "CopyLockedPluginAssembilesToSubdirectoriesOnStartup": false,
    //Enable if you want to copy plugins library to the /Plugins/bin directory on application startup
    "UsePluginsShadowCopy": true,
    //Enable if you want to load an assembly into the load-from context, by passing some security checks
    "UseUnsafeLoadAssembly": true,

Thank you for your report.
5 years ago
I want to check how this fix will work with default nopcommerce settings.
I copied this part of code from default appsettings.json
5 years ago
The nop team fix from nop 4.20 solved the problem with

Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Razor.Compilation.CompilationFailedException: One or more compilation failures occurred:

if you use this settings

"UsePluginsShadowCopy": false

Maybe this information will solve the time for another guys.
5 years ago
We are running 4.1 version, replaced a dll file with yours while keeping the original settings. The site crashed again.

Before that we tried with setting UsePluginShadowCopy to false but then we would get an error during a check out before the payment method is chosen.

any news regarding this problem?
5 years ago
Send to this topic the error message.
Maybe you have another one.
5 years ago
OK, if it happens again I will copy paste it, thanks (it has been working fine since last night)

regards
5 years ago
I have copied the given Core dll.
Made shadowcopy = false

The site stopped working at all. Received error regarding dependent dlls not found. Then I copied respective DLLs to every respective plugin folder for which I as receiving errors. Do you think it was required or am I missing something?

It's important because I still have many many new issues, that's why I thought I should ask, maybe I am going in the wrong direction at all.
5 years ago
Send full error message.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.