Stripe payment integration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi, I am testing the trial version of StripeDirect, it works OK, nice job.  

I found a missing feature that could be added.

When I use Authorize and a separate Capture, the order number gets updated in Stripe's system. It is OK.

But when change to "Authorize and Capture" there is no Order number in Stripe's system, just a transaction number,  it would be a nightmare for my bookkeper to pair these with my order numbering.  I understand that the Order number is not available in Nopcommerce at that point when the payment is made. It gets assigned only at the last step of the checkout process.

So I suggest, you add a 'PostProcessPayment' function in the Paymentprocessor class of the Plugin (this function gets called by Nopcommerce when the order has been fully processed, the order number is available at as postProcessPaymentRequest.Order.Id at this time) and call Stripe API's 'update' function to update the order_id parameter in their system,  so we will have the Order numbers also with 'Authorize and Capture' payments in Stripe's Dashboard and all the Reports.
4 years ago
Did you create the Webhook from plugin configure page (copy webhook secret key back from Strip admin  mode too)?
Plugin uses webhook and it has to change the payment description...
Please check and write me.
4 years ago
>So I suggest, you add a 'PostProcessPayment' function in the Paymentprocessor class of the Plugin (this function gets called by Nopcommerce when the order has been fully processed, the order number is available at as

Thank you for this idea.
I forget about it....
i used the webhook bit I can change the payment description in this method...
4 years ago
Yes I have generated the webhook and entered the signing secret also.  
I am used Stripe's testing area, but I don't think it behaves differently from the real one.
4 years ago
>but I don't think it behaves differently from the real one.

You are right.

Try to Capture payment from nop admin mode, wait 2 minutes and check the Stripe payment list.

P.S.
I'll try to use method 'PostProcessPayment' too.
4 years ago
No, even after 20 minutes there is a pi_thyetrherhe... number there, but no real Order number.

One more question
when I use this Direct method, there is a div element on my webshop's html page that gets the card number written into. So I am theoretically able to collect these with a small javascript when these gets entered.  (Don't get me wrong, I am not doing this)
But if I am able to do this, isn't there a more severe PCI compliance requirement from Stripe?

We have been to this already with PayPal Pro it is a nightmare which I would like to avoid, plase confirm what are the requirements to be able to use the Direct method or should I sttick with the hosted version only?
4 years ago
exactly one hour after the payment it got updated!!  I have the order number now, it works, although slowly, which is not a problem.  Fine.  Thank you.
4 years ago
> there is a div element on my webshop's html page that gets the card number written into.

No, Stripe adds IFrame. You can't get anything from IFrame.

I did the new release and it changed the payment description at once.
You can upgrade it.
4 years ago
Thank you, it works now, the order No gets immediately updated. (I'm glad I could contribute to this improvement with my idea :-)
Have you done the same upgrade to the hosted version also?  (I have not tested that before).
4 years ago
I have also installed the update and it works a treat, thank you guys for making this happen.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.