Import newsletter emails

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I can't get it to work, anyone else can.
sample file?

great job on 1.8
13 years ago
try exporting a file to see how it is formatted - you can probably use windows notepad to create a csv file (you would just edit the .txt extension to csv once it is saved)

- hayden
13 years ago
Yes did that first off, that's a csv. comma, export, the import button says "tab csv" I played with outputting differnt files from excel , note pad.

Newsletter DB table has 4 fields, DO WE NEED A VALUE FOR ALL FIELDS TO IMPORT EMAILS?

TThanks
13 years ago
Does this work yet?
13 years ago
No
Anyone??
13 years ago
Your file should be in CSV format. Ensure that each line of the CSV file is in the following format: email_address<tab>is_active. For example, [email protected]<tab>true where <tab> is a \t (tab key)
13 years ago
Got this to work using a .txt file
13 years ago
I am having trouble with this...
----------------------
Your file should be in CSV format. Ensure that each line of the CSV file is in the following format: email_address<tab>is_active. For example, [email protected]<tab>true where <tab> is a \t (tab key)
----------------------
What I have done so far

Excel -

[email protected] (pressed tab key - goes to new column, and the email address has the blue line under it...)
True (in next column)

Then tired to upload - with no joy - Have a green tick and says -   0 emails have been successfully imported
------------------------------------------------
*Have also tired, several other ways to add a new file in the newsletter module... ie: export and used my files like the export then import in... also changed it CSV format...
----
Also looked at the Database - anyone with a good script say i can try to insert emails (as i am not sure about the [NewsLetterSubscriptionID] )
---
INSERT TO [MyDatabase].[dbo].[Nop_NewsLetterSubscription]
([Email],[Active],[CreatedOn])
VALUES
([email protected],1,2010-10-15 11:46:41.437)
GO
---

Any help would be great...
13 years ago
cityvouchers wrote:
I am having trouble with this...
----------------------
----------------------
What I have done so far

Excel -

[email protected] (pressed tab key - goes to new column, and the email address has the blue line under it...)
True (in next column)

Then tired to upload - with no joy - Have a green tick and says -   0 emails have been successfully imported
------------------------------------------------
*Have also tired, several other ways to add a new file in the newsletter module... ie: export and used my files like the export then import in... also changed it CSV format...
----
Also looked at the Database - anyone with a good script say i can try to insert emails (as i am not sure about the [NewsLetterSubscriptionID] )
---
INSERT TO [MyDatabase].[dbo].[Nop_NewsLetterSubscription]
([Email],[Active],[CreatedOn])
VALUES
([email protected],1,2010-10-15 11:46:41.437)
GO
---

Any help would be great...

You will need to save the Excel file as type "Text". This will convert the excel format to tab separated values, which can then be imported via Administration > Promotions > Newsletter Subscribers > Import emails from CSV

When saving as Text in Excel, select "OK" when warned that the file type doesn't support workbooks with multiple sheets. And select "Yes" when prompted to keep the selected format (omits incompatible features).

13 years ago
Thanks mb,

Tried the Excel - but no joy - not sure why... keeps coming up with (Zero) entries for the emails... when i upload...

Well I went the SQL route and managed to get it working...adding in the emaill address to the table....

Thanks for your help...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.